DO8 Album Art Feature Annoyance

Hi,

I find DO8's auto-generation of album art for music files to be an annoyance since it clutters up a directory which I'd like to have solely occupied by music files. Is it possible to turn off this feature so that DO8 defaults to no album art? For the next iterration of DO, I wouldn't mind it if all of the album art were kept in one single file in in a separate subdirectory.

DO 8 is the best program out there. I was a long-time Power Desk user and PD is not even the faint shadow of OP!

Regards,

Manny Lorenzo

Opus doesn't have an automatic album art generator so it must be something else that is producing the files that you're seeing.

(There's a button in the Buttons forum here which you can install to let you download album art with a single click but it won't do anything automatically if you don't click on it.)

[quote="nudel"]Opus doesn't have an automatic album art generator so it must be something else that is producing the files that you're seeing.

(There's a button in the Buttons forum here which you can install to let you download album art with a single click but it won't do anything automatically if you don't click on it.)[/quote]

I don't think I've done anything to invoke this feature. It seems to happen when I create a new mp3 music file. It appears as if DO 8 "extracts" the album art from the MP3. Can this be?...

Like Nudel said... there is NO feature in Opus that automatically generates album art files. Period... So, since you've said it seems to happen automatically whenever you 'create new mp3' files... the next question is quite naturally - "how do you create new mp3 files"? What ripper do you use?

The tone of your response borders on being brusque and supercilious; however, in answer to your question, I have been using Window Media, version 10, to generate both WMVs and Mp3 files.

Well, sorry if you don't like my tone... I wasn't trying to be snotty, brusque, or supercilious... just emphatic.

It sounds to me like Windows Media player is configured to download album art when you rip your music (or maybe when you play it back). I don't run WMP10, but this link implies there are some settings to control it:

http://music.msn.com/help/music/albumart

Well, I don't think steje's response was rude at all.
It's often difficult to ascertain someone's tone from textual message (one of it's disadvantages as a communication medium), which is why you should err on the side of caution (or chill out). I think his reply was helpful... it pointed you in the right direction (Lorenzo).
In hindsight, you will probably realise how obvious the answer to your post was (I've done the same myself at times).

And as for sguilly... I think he was just displaying a good sense of humour, and voicing his support for those in the forums that do indeed help those of us still learning about all the great things DOpus can do.
Rather than stooping to simply calling someone an 'imbecile', he managed something a little more elegant.

:laughing:

Censorship has struck, posts have been deleted.

Please keep this thread polite or it will be locked.