DO9: Difference btwn filtering, and Copy / Delete Filtering?

Hi All,

I have the filter bar on one of my toolbars and use it to filter down to specific file names / types on a regular basis. I also have a button with the command "Set FILTERS=Toggle" associated with it. I think this has something to do with 'Copy and / or Delete Filters', but I'm not sure what that actually means? Can anyone help me understand the difference between a normal filter, as applied by the filter bar, and Copy Filters / Delete Filters?

Many thanks,

pt

[quote="planetthoughtful"]Hi All,

I have the filter bar on one of my toolbars and use it to filter down to specific file names / types on a regular basis. I also have a button with the command "Set FILTERS=Toggle" associated with it. I think this has something to do with 'Copy and / or Delete Filters', but I'm not sure what that actually means? Can anyone help me understand the difference between a normal filter, as applied by the filter bar, and Copy Filters / Delete Filters?

Many thanks,

pt[/quote]
File Filter Fields change which files and folders are displayed in the lister.

The Copy Filter and Delete Filter allow you to restrict what gets copied or deleted. For example, if you want to delete all *.bak files inside a directory (and all subdirectories) then you could set a Delete Filter which matches *.bak, then select a directory and click Delete. Only the matching items will be deleted. (Be careful, though. Try using the same filter in the Find command first to make sure it matches only the items you expect it to. Copy and Delete Filters are the same underlying "filter" objects that can be used in the Find (advanced mode), Synchronize and Duplicate Files tools. You can save a filter and then re-use it in any of the tools.)