.doc files not previewed in DOpus

On my computer .doc files are associated with Open Office Writer (I don't have MS Word installed on my computer, nor any other MS Office program). Unfortunately they cannot be viewed in DOpus although in the ActiveX-Document plugin the .doc file-type is preconfigured (see the attached screen-shot). Also when I drag a .doc file to the ActiveX-Document plugin configuration dialog nothing happens, although the native Open Office Writer document format .odt is recognized when dragged to this dialog, .odt files are also previewed without any problem in DOpus.

So how can I preview .doc files in DOpus?

BTW, the ActiveX-Document plugin is at the top of the plugin list, so this plugin should catch .doc files first?

You can either:

1. Install the standalone Microsoft Office ActiveX viewers so that the ActiveX plugin can view .doc files.

or

1. Set up the MultiView plugin to use the QuickView plus viewers which come with things like Yahoo Desktop. There's a link to more information about that in the thread for the MultiView plugin.

I've done that, but it doesn't work:

1. Downloaded and installed the Word viewer.

2. Rebooted the computer.

3. Then: .doc files now can be viewed in the MS Word viewer, but still cannot be viewed in the DOpus viewer, although in the ActiveX-Document plugin configuration dialog the .doc file-type is in the list. When dragging a .doc file to the ActiveX-Document plugin configuration dialog still nothing happens, so this means that DOpens cannot establish a connection to the Word ActiveX or the MS Word viewer is implemented in an other fashion.

Please don't tell me I have to download a monster program like the X1 DesktopSearch?

See my reply to the private message you sent me.