"Document" content type for Open Office files?

Hello everybody,

Finally, here's my first post on Dopus forum...

Dopus has the ability to display very useful information about MS documents (like title, a short description, etc) by moving pointer over documents, or simply by using the "Document" view. I fear Dopus relies on a standard Windows feature for this.

Here at my company are using Dopus (not everybody unfortunately :slight_smile: ) and Open Office as our standard office tools. Is there a possibility to show the same information for Open Office documents (sx* or od* extensions) ?

I'll check again in Dopus preferences for something I may have forgotten.

Best regards.

I think that unless OpenOffice can write the information into the NTFS attributes which Opus can read then someone would have write an Opus plugin to extract the information.

Looking at the viewer plugin headers, GPSoft would also have to extend the system to allow viewer plugins to extract the document Author etc. fields, unless I'm missing something.

Neither of those thing would be that hard to do (OpenOffice files are just zipped XML afterall) but someone would have to find the time to do it.

Hello,

[quote="nudel"]I think that unless OpenOffice can write the information into the NTFS attributes which Opus can read then someone would have write an Opus plugin to extract the information.

Looking at the viewer plugin headers, GPSoft would also have to extend the system to allow viewer plugins to extract the document Author etc. fields, unless I'm missing something.

Neither of those thing would be that hard to do (OpenOffice files are just zipped XML afterall) but someone would have to find the time to do it.[/quote]

That makes sense, as Open Office runs over several platforms, there are some specific features they didn't implement yet.

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

Best regards.

Hello again,

I finally tried a new test I didn't perform last time. I used the good old "Explorer" to move my Open Office Files, and I had the suprise to see that when you move your mouse pointer over an Open Office document, "Explorer" displays the information (Title, Subject, and Comments). If I switch "Explorer" mode to "Thumbnails", it previews the first page of the document.

It seems that Open Office writes the information in such way that Windows can use them.

Can something be done in Dopus to display these informations ?