Does Quickfilter work with meta data or just with filenames?

Hi,

Is it possible to create a quickfilter-button that filters out and shows only images containing the meta tag "summerhouse", for example?

I've tried to find information about how to quickfilter more than just file names and file extensions with no success.

If it's not possible what could I use instead to create a similar function/button?

Thanks in advance!

No :frowning:

Find or Select with a search filter.

1 Like

No :frowning:

Too bad :frowning:

Find or Select with a search filter.

Thanks! I will try that instead :slight_smile:

The Windows Search field may also work, depending on the metadata and file types, and if you don’t mind it including files in subdirs.

I hope, the next version of Opus will finally be able to use FAYT in every column, in which the items are sorted by.

FAYT already has an option for that, so you can type and jump to something from the sorted column.

Quick Filter only works on names, though.

How? I have tested both, filter, and filter bar, with having the "description" column selected. I don't get any single result.

FAYT find-mode, not filtering.

That only gives me the results in a collection. I would rather have something like typing "veddel", and Opus would just show all folders having that part in it. I don't even have location/part of town infos in my image tags, so i am relying on the infos for the folders. Luckily some friend from the forum here wrote a script for that, but it would be convenient to have FAYT for every column (in some future version).

var cmd = DOpus.Create.Command
var keyword = DOpus.Dlg.GetString("Suchbegriff eingeben:");
keyword = keyword.toUpperCase()
var jsFilter = ""+
"var tagstring = '';"+
"if (item.is_dir == true){ "+
"var desc = new String(item.metadata.other.usercomment);"+
"if (desc.toUpperCase().indexOf('"+keyword+"')!=-1) return false; /do not filter/"+
"}";
cmd.RunCommand('Delete coll://OrdnerTags REMOVECOLLECTION=auto QUIET')
cmd.RunCommand('SelectEx LINEAR '+
'JSFILTER="'+jsFilter+'" '+
'ITEMCOUNT=10000 '+
'COPYTOCOLL=OrdnerTags '+
'COMMANDS=Go coll://OrdnerTags')

Should work the same whether in a collection of a normal folder.

This is working for me in a normal folder and flatview.

2023-01-13_182611
2023-01-13_183054
2023-01-13_183805

But some columns are not supportet like rotation, year (Mp3,flac), filesize, creation date.

Yes, so far that's right. But all i get is just some highlighting, with lots of stuff inbetween, that i would like to have filtered out. Like in the second image. Which is generated by the script. It gives me all folders, containing the search key (Borgfelde in this case), but nothing else. The highlighting method has the disadvantage, that all highlighting is gone, after i visited one of the highlighted folders.