Doesn't work properly with Samsung Phones

Ok Solid Explorer with the FTP plugin seems to work pretty good...I want access to my SD card and it does that.
But...Opus viewer pane is not happy when I try to use it on my Galaxy phone.
Actually I can not get any thumbnails or any sort of preview in Opus when I use the Opus FTP function to access my phone?

Is this the same for everyone?
Bug? Or expected behavior?

FYI
When I connect my phone to Opus via USB I get thumbnails...albeit slow and with occasional hanging....

I don't think I ever tried the viewer pane like this before but on checking now it works, albeit very slowly. The same is true for thumbnail generation. My standard use case is to copy from phone to PC using Beyond Compare and that works just fine, and very quickly.

1 Like

Beyond Compare? In the Google Playstore?

I open a dual lister on my PC with a target (PC) folder on one side and a source (Samsung phone) folder on the other. Options are the Opus's built-in synchronise capability or an external utility, in my case that is Beyond Compare.

Using Opus FTP function with Samsung GS8 on my WiFi with Solid Explorer FTP function

Opus does finally provide a preview in the viewer pane...if I wait long enough.
Thought I may have been a little impatient so I did a quick test.

2.74 meg file appears in 2min 23 seconds
7.26 meg file appears in 2min 48 seconds

Seems strange since FTP file transfers via WiFi seem to happen at a reasonably good pace