DOpus 10 High CPU After Move or Copy Action

This has been troublesome since upgrading to DOpus 10 but lately (read: today!) it is worse.

Dual Pane Lister open and after almost any action I perform involving moving or copying files or folders from one pane to the other, DOpus suddenly jumps to anywhere from 35% to 48% CPU. And it doesn’t stay constant but jumps up high for three or four seconds and then drops off for a couple seconds. The up and down continues for about a minute or two before it levels off. But then I move another file and it does it all over again. Does DOpus perform any on-the-fly indexing? On several occasions it becomes so tough to perform move and copy actions that I just kill DOpus and open another file manager to complete the work. I never, ever had to do that in prior versions of DOpus. I hope this is just some unique - but fixable - problem and not some new "feature" causing this in DOpus, because I don’t think I could continue doing what I do with this going on.

Thanks for any help with this.

Jim

Which version of Opus is it?

What kind of files are you copying?

Is it dopus.exe that's using the CPU or another process?

(If you're familiar with Process Explorer, that can give you a stack listing of the thread within whichever process is using the CPU, which may narrow it down to a particular DLL, e.g. a shell extension or viewer plugin, which are the most likely causes of what you're seeing.)

DOpus 10.0.1.0.4185
Most file types: PDF, DOC and DOCX, XLS and XLSX. Doesn’t seem to matter.
Yes, dopus.exe

Jim

Admin note: Thread continues here. -- I've locked this thread so the info isn't split further between the two threads.

• Leo