DOpus 12.14 x64 File Filter Field Toolbar

If the File Filter Field in the toolbar is hidden from the window due to resizing of the window boundaries, then the drop-down list is blank rather than containing an entry for every file type present in the current folder.

Thanks

Do you mean the filter bar (the window must be very narrow), or the legacy filter field you can place anywhere on a toolbar?

Hi Leo - the legacy one, thanks

That's basically unsupported now, other than more serious bugs/crashes. We actually removed it some time ago, but people complained enough that we put it back in as-is. We probably won't be improving it as we see the Filter Bar as the way forward.

1 Like

Yes I believe I was one of the people who wanted to keep it!

I have tried to get on board but I have some issues with using the filter bar. I want to have the filter dropdown visible at all times, but when I select this I find the lack of customisation frustrating. The bar duplicates the information in my status bar so looks ugly (files visible vs invisible etc.) and the status bar is fully configurable so the filter bar cannot replace it.

What kind of thing are you using the dropdown so frequently for? Is it to filter on files of a particular type? e.g. Always images? You could have a button, menu or hotkey which does that without needing the filter or filter bar to be visible.

Could be anything - lots of random files. If you have the filter bar visible it will display the extension being used for the filtering which I find useful.

As you point out the status bar is fully configurable so you could remove the duplicate information from it if you want.

Ok - I will try to change my way of working and see how it goes :slight_smile: