DOpus 12 SLOW!

Hey gpsoft,

I was really disappointed when I bought Directory Opus 12 this morning.
I have been a happy customer since v. 10, and I love it and use it as a
crucial part of my daily workflow.

But this version got me really disappointed.
The software starts REALLY slow!
I run a high-end pc, and v. 11 started in under a sec, but v. 12 takes
several seconds to load when double clicking my desktop. It is the exact
same setup.
It is painfully slow.

I hope this can be fixed very soon.

Andreas Jacobsen

Slow lister opening is usually caused by something in your config (toolbars, favorites, aliases) pointing at a network path which is no longer available. If Opus tries to inspect such a path (e.g. to find out if it is a file or a folder), Windows can block it for up to 30 seconds.

You can make a .PML log using Process Monitor and send it to us if you'd like us to help track down the operation causing the slowdown. (Or if you are familiar with Process Monitor, you may be able to find the cause yourself using it, if you cannot think of anything in your config that's likely to be the cause.)

You can get Process Monitor from Microsoft, here:
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... nitor.aspx

After running it, perform the action which is slow in Opus, then go back to Process Monitor and use the File menu to save a log in .PML format.

The .PML file will be large, but will compress to something very small if you zip it. Please email the zip to leo@gpsoft.com.au

(In addition to what Leo said above; please see this thread as it sounds similar to what you're seeing - in which case, turning off the Favorites branch in the tree might help as a workaround for the moment).