DOpus 13 compatibility with Windows Server 2016

Hi,

Could you tell me if Directory Opus 13 is compatible with Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)?

I use an AWS Workspace virtual PC running Windows Server 2016 and have been using Directory Opus 12 on it for a number of years. I was looking forward to upgrading to v13, and while it installed without any errors, when I run the application it terminates immediately.

I've tried changing compatibility settings on the executable, disabling anti-virus, running as Administrator, etc., but none of these have helped. At one stage, it displayed an error message about a stack overflow and error code 0xc00000fd, but that was the only output it returned.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

It should work, since Server 2016 is basically Windows 10, which is supported.

Could you post a screenshot of the error? The type of dialog may be a hint as to where things are failing and how far the process got into starting up.

If there are any crash logs, please send them to us: Automatic crash logs (for bug reports)

Thanks Leo.

I've submitted a crash log and included a screenshot with it. Hopefully it'll provide some clue as to what went wrong.

1 Like

Many thanks. We’ve found a likely cause and made a change which will be in the next updates (13.1.1 beta and then 13.2 stable).

1 Like

Awesome! I'll test the beta as soon as it becomes available to give confirmation feedback.
Thanks for tackling that so quickly.

1 Like