Dopus 9.56 won't open .exe files

I am using Windows 7 32 bit. Just installed new version over old, twice.... It will not open .exe files. Windows explorer will with no problem.

When I try to open .exe files with Dopus, I get the attached screen.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

You mean, you can't start programs from Opus? Or does only the »open with« fail? Do you maybe use some security suite. Much of them use »parent control« functions,
which could wrongly block Opus to start programs through it. That's the only idea i have about this.

Maybe you have somehow changed the "action" for whatever it is you are doing to launch exe files. (Doubleclick?)

Settings
File types
System File Types

Go to exe.

Edit

Actions>>Open

and

Events>>Left doubleclick

Anything there that could tell it to do something different?

What do you see?

[quote="michaelkenward"]Maybe you have somehow changed the "action" for whatever it is you are doing to launch exe files. (Doubleclick?)

Settings
File types
System File Types

Go to exe.

Edit

Actions>>Open

and

Events>>Left doubleclick

Anything there that could tell it to do something different?

What do you see?[/quote]

I see everything is exactly as on my 64 bit machine which does not have this problem of opening .exe files.

This page has various suggestions:

filext.com/faq/broken_exe_association.php

The one at the bottom of the page is probably worth trying first, though it depends what is messed up. Seems a number of things can cause this.

Also, I'd recommend not using the .reg files they provide in case they're different for different Windows versions. Best to compare the the registry areas the guide points to against the working machine to see what's different and avoid importing any .reg files.

FWIW, Microsoft also have an article on this, although it's missing many of the suggestions on the one above:

support.microsoft.com/kb/923077

Another variation, which I think is a slightly clearer guide to the last part of the first one I mentioned:

winhelponline.com/articles/1 ... ation.html

I solved the problem by using RollbackRx to go back several days and reinstalling apps since then. My machine must have had a hiccup.