Dopus 9 slow file operations

Did a new install of version 9. Copied old settings from v8.
XP Pro sp2.
Whenever I extract zips, rars, copy or move files, the operation is really slow compared to v8. I usually use drag and context menu.

Any idea why ?

Thanks....Ken

Try these things until the problem goes away and let us know what you find:
[ul][li]Disable all VFS and Viewer plugins via Preferences - Plugins.[/li]
[li]Disable Shell Image Extraction via Preferences - Lister Display Modes - Thumbnails Mode.[/li]
[li]Disable Thumbnail Caching via the same place.[/li]
[li]Turn on Generic Icons for All Folders via Preferences - Folders - Options.[/li]
[li]Remove all columns from the lister except for Name and then lock the format (i.e. click the padlock icon in the status bar) to make sure the problem isn't caused by a particular column.[/li]
[li]Check that you do not have any mapped drives or shortcut files which point at unavailable network locations. This can cause strange slowdowns throughout the OS in Opus and in other places you might not expect. e.g. If you map a drive and then turn off the target computer, Windows apps, and the taskbar, Opus, etc. will lock up apparently at random.)[/li]
[li]Check the digital signatures on dopus.exe, dopuslib.dll and dopusrt.exe by bringing up the file Properties for each of them.[/li]
[li]If it doesn't happen in all directories try to work out the connection between the ones where it does happen. e.g. All on a particular physical drive or conroller, or only on USB or network drives.[/li]
[li]Try to remember any shell extensions you have installed which add custom icons or columns in Explorer/Opus. For example, Tortoise SVN/CVS, MP3 taggers that give special icons for different formats and columns with extra info, and so on.[/li]
[li]If you can, remove all network drives.[/li]
[li]Ensure you are up-to-date on Windows Update.[/li]
[li]Ensure you have the latest graphics card drivers, motherboard drivers, motherboard BIOS, network card drivers, IDE/SATA controller drivers, and so on.[/li]
[li]Do a full anti-virus and anti-spyware scan of your computer.[/li]
[li]Disable all anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software. (Unless you're using NOD32 and the Windows firewall which we know don't cause any problems.)[/li]
[li]Try rebooting into Safe Mode. At least one person so far has found this sped things up which suggests a conflict with another program or driver that isn't being run in Safe Mode.[/li]
[li]Uninstall all anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software. (Since sometimes they still cause problems even when disabled. Zone Alarm is one example where this is true.)[/li]
[li]Make some kind of video, whether via capturing software or just a camera pointed at a monitor, so that we can see exactly what's going on. This might reveal a detail that helps GPSoft or another forum member reproduce the problem or thing of a possible cause.[/li][/ul]

Viewer Plugins and Thumbnails Mode caused the slow extract.
I use another program to view images and I don't care about Thumbnails.

Thank You