Dopus and dual screen setup

Hello people, I'm new to this forum. But i have been using DOpus on amiga for ages. and am still using dopus (V8) on my pc.

However.

I run Windows XP with a dual screen setup. and i would like to use both screens when using dopus 8...
I want to have the lister(s) on one screen and picture and wideo preview on the secondary screen. But i have not yet been able to do so.

Anyone here got any experience with it, and perheps can point me in the right direction?

You can resize the window so it covers both screens, then resize the viewer panel so it uses all of the right screen and leaves the left screen for the file display.

Don't maximize the window as Windows always maximizes things to a single monitor. Resize it without maximizing it.

Once its set-up how you want it you can save a Layout so that you can easily recreate the same thing again another time.

[quote="leo"]You can resize the window so it covers both screens, then resize the viewer panel so it uses all of the right screen and leaves the left screen for the file display.

Don't maximize the window as Windows always maximizes things to a single monitor. Resize it without maximizing it.

Once its set-up how you want it you can save a Layout so that you can easily recreate the same thing again another time.[/quote]

I have tried this option. i do not get full screen preview.
My goal is to get full screen preview, i forgot to mention that.

You can only get full-screen previews using a standalone viewer window. (There should be a full-screen button in the toolbar, if it's turned on. You can also set a mouse button to toggle full-screen mode in the standalone viewer, or use the enter key.)

Standalone viewer windows don't track the selection in a file display, though. If you want selection tracking you have to use a preview panel which is part of a lister window, which will never be full-screen.

You can use the mouse wheel or mouse buttons (depending on config) to move through images in the standalone/full-screen viewer, so you don't always need a file display. You can also "tag" images (via the menu or Ctrl-T) which will put a checkbox next to them in the file display which the viewer window was launched from (so long as that file display is still open).

[quote="leo"]You can only get full-screen previews using a standalone viewer window. (There should be a full-screen button in the toolbar, if it's turned on. You can also set a mouse button to toggle full-screen mode in the standalone viewer, or use the enter key.)

Standalone viewer windows don't track the selection in a file display, though. If you want selection tracking you have to use a preview panel which is part of a lister window, which will never be full-screen.

You can use the mouse wheel or mouse buttons (depending on config) to move through images in the standalone/full-screen viewer, so you don't always need a file display. You can also "tag" images (via the menu or Ctrl-T) which will put a checkbox next to them in the file display which the viewer window was launched from (so long as that file display is still open).[/quote]

Yes, i get that. that works fine. but to change the picture on the preview i have to move the mouse over the window and scroll on the mouse wheel.
However. what i am seeking is full screen preview, and the full screen preview changing according to the file selected on the other screen.
That does not happen so far.... :frowning:

This actually meets my interest as well. It would be very nice if the viewer pane could be detached from Opus main window and turned full screen on.

There is an option in Preferences named: "Recycle viewer window" (Filter preferences for that string). When this option is enabled, double-clicking on a picture, from any Opus lister, will open that picture in the current Standalone Viewer window. Furthermore, the Standalone Viewer will retain its current (or saved) size and position. This should enable you to open the Viewer on one monitor and control which picture is displayed from an Opus lister on the other monitor. In this scenario you will not be able to perform key navigation (using up arrow or down arrow to view previous or next file) in the Opus lister, since the system focus will shift to the Standalone Viewer each time you double-click on a new picture. Thus, you need to double-click the next file in order to View it.

If you double-click on one picture file to open the Standalone Viewer window, and no other files are selected, you can then scroll through all pictures in the same file display listing (which could list: a folder, a folder in Flat View, or a File Collection) from the Standalone Viewer by simply pressing the Page Up and Page Down keys to move to the previous or next picture respectively. Or for the lazy, just start a slideshow. But if you only want to view some of those pictures from the file listing, then select the ones you wish to view first, then double-click right-click on the first file you selected and select View in Directory Opus. In this case, the Standalone Viewer will preview the first picture, and you can then use Page Up and Page Down to scroll through only the pictures that were selected at that time.

It may not be exactly what you want but it is closer.

[quote="kenalcock"]
It may not be exactly what you want but it is closer.[/quote]

I think pyrre wants to organize images in one lister and see the images in full screen in another lister/screen.

You can scroll all images in the full viewer indeed. But let's say you are scrolling in a picture folder and you notice that one picture should be moved to different folder. You wouldn't know which picture you are looking at. For organizing images the thing that pyrre wants would be very nice.
But it would only come in handy if you have multiple screens.

Push Ctrl-T to tag it in the lister.

Leo I have still a lot to learn. Ctrl+T to tag the images you want to keep. Then invert selection, delete. +1 for Dopus :smiley: