DOpus can't see desktop.ini anymore

Something very strange has happened to me since 2 days ago.

I had set custom icons via desktop.ini to my folders and I noticed that DOpus doesn't show them anymore. So I researched a little and noticed that DOpus doesn't see the desktop.ini files anymore. It worked before.

The strange thing is that it's not about permissions, I have not changed anything on this drive (TrueCrypt mounted USB partition). I am administrator and both SYSTEM and administrators have full permission.

DOpus just simply thinks they don't exist, because when I browse inside DOpus, it can not see them no matter what filter I choose. I have noticed also that DOpus has changed the filters I had set. I had set the H attribute to hide, but now it is unchecked.

My files are ok because if I use Windows Explorer, not only I can see my desktop.ini files, but also the icons show for each folder.

I have also done a clean uninstall-reinstall of DOpus 10.0.2 x64 and still the same result. Please help.

Please take a look at this image
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/dopusr.jpg/

It shows both Windows Explorer and DOpus.

Check under Preferences / Folders / Folder Display in the Global hide filters section at the bottom. One of those is probably turned on and causing Opus to hide desktop.ini files.

Whether or not Opus shows desktop.ini has no effect on whether or not Opus respects the settings within a desktop.ini file, by the way. I can't think why you'd actually want to see those files most of the time (unless you were hand-editing them).

I looked there and When I disabled "Hide Protected Operating System Files" I can see desktop.ini files again.

Now, that is not my original problem, as I said and it's visible in the image I provided, my problem is that I don't see the appropriate icons for each folder.
I do see the icons in Windows Explorer. Mind that it's only 2 days it's like this. Before this, I could see the icons in DOpus.

Does it work on standard folders which use desktop.ini, e.g. in your user profile directory?

Yes.

Here is a new image:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/dopus2.jpg/

Are the attributes on the desktop.ini files in the folders that work the same as in the ones that don't?

Tried restarting Opus or clearing the icon cache (see the Tools forum area for a cache clearer)?

Anything special about the drive or folder in question? Network drive or junctions or anything like that?

What could've changed in the last couple of days since it was working?

Ok I found out where the problem comes. The folders are on a TrueCrypt Volume that I mount as Z:

So since 2 days ago, I use the option, Mount as Removable Medium, when I mount as removable, only then DOpus doesn't show the icons.
As mentioned before, Windows Explorer shows the icons even when the TrueCrypt Volume is mounted as removable.

Has the location that the desktop.ini files point to for the icons been changed as well? e.g. Is the icon on the drive itself, and the drive now mounted as a different letter, or similar? (Explorer may be caching the old icon or something.)

Opus shows customized icons okay for me on removable TrueCrypt drives:

That is strange. No the drive letter or path has not changed. It is mounted the same way, only the removable option has changed. I tried it several times. Mounting the same thing as removable and non-removable. When it's removable, no icons show. The icons and their paths are all on z: inside the truecrypt mounted volume.

Leo, can you please post the content of your desktop.ini that is inside that folder?

My Windows is Windows 7 Ultimate x64. DOpus x64 10.0.2.

I've deleted the folder but all I did was create a new folder, then use Properties -> Customize -> Change Icon (shown in the screenshot), which automatically creates the desktop.ini file with all the correct attributes etc.

Yes that is also what I used. It must be about a cache someplace. Because this Z mounted drive is different to Windows eyes when mounted as removable.

Did you try the cache-clearing tool I mentioned?

Yes I just used it. No effect because this is related to DOpus and not windows since windows explorer shows them.

The funny thing is that the icons are missing in the Lister, but on the tab above where you see the current folder, they show correctly in DOpus, it's inside the lister that they don't show up.

Check the "display generic icons" setting in preferences. (Use the search box to find it.)

Thanks that was it.

When I disable "display generic icons", it shows all icons. It was so simple.