Dopus Closes as soon as you open it

I have had this issue since version 8

I want to purchase 9 and i downloaded the trial and it does the same thing
For some unknown reason sometimes i go to open dopus and you see it open then automatically close , It only comes good again after a re-install
but only for a few hours before it does it again.

It's on a clean install of windows and it only started doing it when i changed my montior . But i reinstalled the videocard drivers with no luck
Last time i had the issue it was a USB stick i plugged in and did it.
Only want it stopped doing it was formatting windows.

It's a shame because i really like dopus and want to buy it but i can't if i can not get it to work for more than a day.

Any suggestions?

Without further details, some system issue or overzealous ZoneAlarm-type program interfering in the normal operation of the machine is all I can suggest. Or perhaps some non-digitally signed version has been installed or invalid registration / evaluation on this machine at some point.

Uninstall and download the official digitally signed version of Opus 9 and reinstall. Try it all in Safe Mode if you need and see what happens.

If you purchase the product then contact Support we will be able to work through this issue with you.

Yeh thanks , its nothing like that as i dont have any firewall running on the windows machine , my hardware firewall handles all that. I only seems to happen when a new driver is installed or a device is inserted.
once that happens dopus will open and close straight away and wont work again without a re install. I downloaded the trial from this site so not sure why it's started doing it again.

Does Dopus have any log files i can check?

[quote="greg"]Without further details, some system issue or overzealous ZoneAlarm-type program interfering in the normal operation of the machine is all I can suggest. Or perhaps some non-digitally signed version has been installed or invalid registration / evaluation on this machine at some point.

Uninstall and download the official digitally signed version of Opus 9 and reinstall. Try it all in Safe Mode if you need and see what happens.

If you purchase the product then contact Support we will be able to work through this issue with you.[/quote]

FWIW, I am a registered user and am having the same problem under Windows Vista. Normally, a full reboot is required to get DOpus working again, but of late it has gotten worse. If I don't hear anything back on this thread about log files, I'll submit a support ticket.

Nothing is FWIW : ).

This is not the place for such reports from registered users. There is no known issue as being discussed here when using an official digitally-signed version fully legally registered.

There may well be a real issue here but no one has reported it to us so AFAWAC there is no issue. If you have a specific, reproducible problem such as this then we do actually want to hear about it but you must submit a formal report through the Support page on the GPSoftware web site.

I have a similar problem, although not as debilitating as others. My DOpus closes every 15 min. or so for no reason. It is a bit annoying to say the least.

No such issue exists with officially registered versions. You have program corruption issue or you are using a non-official version, or you have a virus.

Please go to the Opus program folder, right click the program to access Properties. Check the digital signature is valid. If it is not valid then possibly something has corrupted the program in which case you should download the official digitally-signed version and reinstall.

See this for further details

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... +signature

For those on this thread having the problem, it went away as soon as I uninstalled, reinstalled, and installed my newly-purchased upgrade license.