DOpus Crashes

I can't really tell what exactly causes the crashes I see.The last days I mainly worked on a script I provided in this thread: Image info data in Viewer. I saw several crashes, lags and unresponsible windows in DOpus while testing the script (current crash dump count: 38 :smiley: ). The crashes doesn't always occur when using the script but sometimes after minutes of doing nothing at all with DOpus. Maybe it's related to the script itself, the standalone viewer or the Autohotkey script I'm using to manipulate the dialog box. It's also possible that it's unrelated to all this but something else on my machine. abr testet the script and until now he didn't report any problems.
I temporarily disabled all other scripts to make sure it's not another recently added script causing the crashes.

I collected the last 10 Crash Dumps and the latest version of the script and AHK-file (both files are different to the last version I posted in the thread) to the attached archive. The latest 3 dumps happened with the newest Beta 11.7.3. The last 2 crashes happened about 10 minutes after I used the script the last time while navigating through folders to collect the files for the archive.
DOpus.Minidumps.zip (255 KB)

Would it be possible that these crashs are related to the issue I reported here: Snippet: Enumerating files and metadata tags?
Although I rewrote my Script using another approach to select valid files (select from a collection of valid files instead advancing through the folder with Select NEXT commands) I still need to implement a Go REFRESH command. Otherwise I'll always get for files when viewing them a second time.
With the new approach the crashs seems to occur less often (if at all?), perhaps because nothing happens in the DOpus lister as long as the fullscreen viewer is open. However, I added an option for dual monitor settings where the selection in Dopus follows and the crashs are back again.

If you need more crash dumps: current crash dump count: 134 :laughing:

Thanks for fixing the bug I reported in the other thread. It seems I can close my crash dump collection now. :thumbsup:

I still need the Go REFRESH in my script because otherwise I have some problems with setting Ratings. Without the Refresh a changed value for Rating will not be shown in the dialog. When I Go back to the file the old value is still there. It seems to always work for the first file though. ClickData.Func.Command.sourcetab.Update doesn't help but only a refresh.
Another bug?

What I described for ratings is the same with tags but not with user descriptions.

The crashes were memory heap corruptions, so it's unclear what is causing them. It could be Opus but it could also be a third party shell extension or other type of DLL that has been loaded into the Opus process.

If there is still a separate issue with scripting, it would be best to start a thread for it.

I can't think of anything else than DOpus or Autohotkey.exe causing the crashs. I'm sure it was the Metadata object bug because the crashs are definitely gone with the update. I reported the other bug here because it seems to be closely related to the Metadata object bug for me.