Dopus crashing 10-20 minutes after thumbnails mode is used

I have a very strange problem after having used thumbnails mode i get the following error:

The error (0xC0000005) occured in thread 0x8F8 at address 0x099F5221 and the thread number changes for every error window but the address number is the same.

And there is a bunch of these Program error Encountered windows popping up its 84 of them and sometimes even more.

And it usually takes 10-20 minutes in thumbnails mode before this happens and it also happens when i switch from thumbnails mode to commander mode.

And i have set up Eset NOD32 not to scan the thumbnails database and to not scan avi,mkv and mov files and so on.

And its not a total crash either i can still use dopus despite the crashes.

I am going nuts about this problem.

It's most likely to be a video codec crashing on certain files, or you've found a plugin or shell extension bug with certain files.

See FAQ: Crash/exit/100%CPU when viewing a certain directory for advice.

It sounds like the crash is happening when the viewer plugins are unloaded, which happens about 10 minutes after they are used. So that you don't have to wait 10 minutes to try every configuration change, you can tell Opus to unload all plugins (which aren't in use) immediately using this command:

Show FLUSHPLUGINS

The first thing I would try is disabling all plugins, after making a note of which were initially enabled, then see if the problem still happens. If it doesn't, turn some back on and try again, until you are back to your original configuration.

[quote="leo"]It's most likely to be a video codec crashing on certain files, or you've found a plugin or shell extension bug with certain files.

See FAQ: Crash/exit/100%CPU when viewing a certain directory for advice.

It sounds like the crash is happening when the viewer plugins are unloaded, which happens about 10 minutes after they are used. So that you don't have to wait 10 minutes to try every configuration change, you can tell Opus to unload all plugins (which aren't in use) immediately using this command:

Show FLUSHPLUGINS

The first thing I would try is disabling all plugins, after making a note of which were initially enabled, then see if the problem still happens. If it doesn't, turn some back on and try again, until you are back to your original configuration.[/quote]

The problem is coming from the movie plugin or some codec. If i only use it for pictures there is no problem.

And i tried Show FLUSHPLUGINS but it still takes about 10 minutes for the crash to happen.

Do you know which codecs or codec packs you have installed? Can you narrow it down to a particular file format (MPEG, AVI, MKV, etc.) or (preferably) codec?

You may find Process Explorer useful as it can show you a list of DLLs loaded into a process and tell you their base addresses. The crash is probably happening in the codec DLL, although the codec could be corrupting memory which causes something innocent & unrelated to crash as well. Worth a quick look, though if you're familiar with Process Explorer or tech savvy enough to work out it.

[quote="leo"]Do you know which codecs or codec packs you have installed? Can you narrow it down to a particular file format (MPEG, AVI, MKV, etc.) or (preferably) codec?

You may find Process Explorer useful as it can show you a list of DLLs loaded into a process and tell you their base addresses. The crash is probably happening in the codec DLL, although the codec could be corrupting memory which causes something innocent & unrelated to crash as well. Worth a quick look, though if you're familiar with Process Explorer or tech savvy enough to work out it.[/quote]

Only codec packs installed are quicktime lite and real alternative and ffdshow.

Yes i will try Process Explorer thanks alot.