DOpus crashing viewing image files (due to MaxTo)

I am getting crashes and errors when opening images within DOpus. Sometimes the viewer will briefly show a white screen and then DOpus crashes entirely (force restarting itself), other times it will actually show an error message like the below

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Edit: sorry, I forgot to advise what version I'm on — 12.26.1 (Beta), but I've been having this problem for some time now, even on non-beta releases

What type of images are you trying to display? Or does it happen with any type?

Thanks for the super quick response! It seems to be happening with any image files I try to open, including

.jpg / .jpeg
.png
.raf (Fujifilm Raw format)

Can you please see if any crash logs have been created, and submit them as described here:

Thanks very much. I've sent those over now!

The crash is due to MaxTo.

1 Like

Ahhh! Thanks for looking into this, I'll get onto them and add to that issue on github

1 Like

Just saw your reply on the Github issue, Leo. Pretty crappy situation. Sorry you're having to consider a mitigating message warning users, rather than the MaxTo devs actually doing something about it.

1 Like

:+1: It is quite frustrating but I think we're out of options. Have spent a few afternoons here trying to come up with a way to stop their DLL affecting our process but haven't found a way (at least that would not make things even worse!).

I understand everyone has different priorities and circumstances that customers aren't going to be aware of, but it does seem quite poor that the issue was logged with them (at least) over a year ago and the issue is still unassigned and seemingly not being taken seriously.

It really highlights to me the dedication of GPSoftware, as you have always been very active and responsive to issues. Thanks so much for everyone's hard work on the team.

3 Likes