Dopus keeps reopening after I close it

odd thing happening suddenly, and I'm not sure if I accidentally set some setting that's doing this?

When I click the "X" button to close Dopus; dopus closes, then after about 10-15 seconds, just reopens again. And it'll do this several times in a row. Seems if I hold Shift for about 30 seconds or more while clicking the X, then it'll finally stay closed.

Opus doesn't open windows by itself, so something must be triggering that.

• A script you have installed.

• A program that is opening folder windows. (Turn off Explorer Replacement and see if File Explorer windows open instead of Opus ones.)

• Double-clicking on the desktop. (If the delay was shorter, my suspicion would be that the mouse is sending spurious clicks and double-clicking the desktop after closing the window. But that's unlikely if there's a 10-15 second delay, unless your machine is running slowly and Opus is configured to exit when you close the window.)

• Pushing a hotkey that has been set to open new windows (maybe without realising it was configured to be system-wide).

Hmmmm, ok, thanks Leo. I'll start trying to dig a bit deeper to see if I can turn up what's going on.

Well, I just had it happen again and looked at the command line that started it in Task Manager, and it shows this:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" autolister event dopusrt-startup-0a244870

I do have Double Click Desktop disabled already:

Any ideas?

Opus probably isn't exiting when you close the window, so the command line in Task Manager won't normally mean much. (That's the command from the first time Opus was launched.)

Is it always the same folder which opens? The folder often points to what was opening it.

Have you tried turning off Explorer Replacement?

Which versions of Opus and Windows are you using?

I have dopus added to my task bar and start it from there. It's properties sheet (and the command line field in Task Manager (TM) when it first starts) shows this:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe"

After clicking the "X" (close) button, and a long pause, it reopens, and I literally just watched it change the command line in TM from the original path to:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" autolister event dopusrt-startup-0a403f4f

I use a Task Manager replacement called Task Manager Deluxe that lets me add a filter to only show processes that match. I added "dop" for the filter. So it showed dopus.exe running, I clicked the close button, it left the processes list completely, then restarted with that new path.

When it opens, it just opens to whatever I previously had open, due to this:

Really weird.

Right now I'm in Windows 11 in a sandbox with the latest dopus trial installed, and imported my config.

Oops, forgot to add; I don't have Explorer Replacement set at all.

Just curious, what is the dopusrt-startup-0a403f4f? And why the random hash at the end?

Do you have Listary or something else installed that interfaces with Opus?

Hmmm, I might have found the perp, but not sure why.

No Listary, but I did have Fluent Search running in the tray when it was happening. I closed FS and tried to get Dopus to do it again, twice now and it behaved normally. So it might have something to do with FS, though I haven't specifically added anything in it's settings pointing toward Dopus.

I'll have to keep trying to see if it's for sure due to FS.

Sounds like it might be automatic:

I was also having the same issue with DOpus and Fluent Search. I turned off "Files/Open folders in existing file manager window" as well as "Context/Automatically copy context of explorer", and I haven't had it reopen automatically again. Hopefully that keeps working.

If you're using tools that interact with Opus, it's best to turn off the option to exit Opus when no windows are open. (It's also off by default.)

If those tools talk to Opus when it isn't already running, they'll cause it to launch.