Dopus or server fault?

using dopus 12.12 for ftp in to our new vps server.
as soon as I go via ftp to the top directory with boot, home, root etc in it, dopus throws a fit not finding a file that doesn't exist
see extract from the ftp log.

SSH: List complete 10 files.
SSH: Listing Directory
SSH: List complete 10 files.
SSH: Directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/dev-disk-by/x2did-dm/x2dname/x2dcentos/x2dswap.swap: no such file or directory
SSH: Directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/dev-disk-by/x2did-dm/x2dname/x2dcentos: no such file or directory
SSH: Directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/dev-disk-by/x2did-dm/x2dname/x2dcentos: no such file or directory
SSH: Directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/dev-disk-by/x2did-dm/x2dname/x2dcentos/x2dswap.swap/dev: no such file or directory
SSH: Directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/dev-disk-by/x2did-dm/x2dname/x2dcentos/x2dswap.swap: no such file or directory
SSH: Directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/dev-disk-by/x2did-dm/x2dname/x2dcentos/x2dswap.swap/dev/dev: no such file or directory

along with the error I get a requester, "an error occurred reading folder: no such file or directory" and an ok button, every time I hit the ok button it tries to read the file again but it adds dev: on the end of the line, I can hit ok as many times as I like but it never recovers and just keeps adding dev: on the end of the error line.
The only way out of this is to reboot the computer.

I do not know if this is a problem with dopus or my new vps, as my hosts claim there is nothing wrong as they cannot recreate the fault, they wouldn't they don't use dopus.
Any one any idea's ?

Can you connect OK with another client using the same settings?

Is there anything unusual about the folder that's causing problems? (Is it a symlink, or are there symlinks in the folder you're viewing which point to it?)

these are the directories around the ones its looking for.

there are no symlinks in this directory but there are in others
I have no trouble with ssh explorer and sftp from in side that.

Opus wouldn't normally try to open sub-folders just when reading a directory listing. Could you post a screenshot of the whole window please? Maybe it will indicate something.

Are those folders on the server with backslashes in their names? That could potentially confuse things, but I'm bot sure what the screenshot is showing as it has been cropped.

sorry its just the part of the /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/system-lvm2/x2dpvscan.slice directory that shows where the error is found, to save listing the whole directory.

this shows the directories its trying to open, it tries before going anywhere near it.
I asked the hosts about the directories with \ in the names but they said do not worry about it

I have sent a link to a video of me accessing it and showing the error in a message to you.

Thanks for sending the video, it made clear what's happening. You must have Opus set to calculate folder sizes. This requires reading the contents of all sub-folders, and obviously at some point it hits a folder it doesn't have permission to go into. We should probably stop the error message from coming up in this situation, but you should be able to fix the problem by turning off folder sizes.

These can be configured in two ways. The first is through Folder Formats (on the Options tab), and the second is via the Preferences / Folders / Folder Behaviour / Calculate folder sizes automatically option. Let us know if you need more information to help turn it off.

I've tried turning it off both ways but it still does it.
is there away of telling it to ignore that one directory ?

See Calculate Folder Sizes Automatically for other things which may trigger folder size calculation.

Specifically, if you have columns turned on which recursively count total files/folders below each directory, or if you have modified Folder Formats for the type of folder in question so it overrides the global Preferences setting.

Ok problem cured I can now access the the ftp site without running in to trouble through the recursive directory sizing. I just turned of get file sizes for ftp.
Can I add way of getting directory sizes for the directories I want or stopping directories from getting the sizes on the one I don't want ?
As turning off getting sizes for all ftp sites is a bit drastic.

You can save folder formats for the sites you want to override the more general settings. The guide I linked in my previous reply shows the override option within the folder format dialog.

The easiest way to make a format for a given site is to go to the site, then use Folder > Folder Options, then click Save. That will add a folder format specific to the path you were in (and sub-folders, if the option for that is chosen when you click Save).

If needed, you can then edit that format later via Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats. (You can also add path formats there, but it's a bit more work.)