DOPUS, Pics, Mark - nothing happens

Windows 10 Professional, 1703, DOpus 12/latest update. Nothing happens when I click "Mark" on the PICS toolbar. Any suggestions as to how I can get "Mark" to work as described in the DOpus "The Standalone Picture Viewer" or the "Image Marking" section of the OPUS manual. Any help would be much appreciated.

Make sure these are on for the default behavior:

• Preferences / Viewer / Behavior:
    • Display Marked Pictures pane when a picture is marked
    • Save marked images to a file collection

Thanks Leo,but they were already on for the default behavior.

Whitey

Whitey

I have a similar setup to you and Marking a picture from the viewer works for me. I assume you are selecting a sub-set of pictures for a collection. When I mark a picture I get a star icon on the top left of the viewer window and Marked Pictures folder under File Collections just like in the help files.

bhutch,,

What you are describing is exactly what I am trying to do. See attached. Again, when I press Mark nothing happens.

That functionality only works in the standalone viewer. It doesn't work in the viewer pane inside a Lister.

Would it be possible to implement this feature (marking directly from the lister)? I often wish to browse/scroll files directly from the lister I am working in, and being able to "mark" them without launching the picture viewer would be ideal. I recognize this is an old thread. I hope it does not violate and rules by resurrecting it. Could a hotkey be created to perform that function while in lister mode, as opposed to in picture viewer mode (which uses the "m" hotkey)?
Thanks

Checkbox Mode may be what you want. That lets you maintain a selection of files while still being able to click on files to show them in the viewer pane without affecting the checkboxes.

Looks like all you need is a button or hotkey like this:

@nofilenamequoting 
@nodeselect
Copy CREATEFOLDER="coll://Marked Pictures\{filepath|..|nopath}" WHENEXISTS=skip