DOpus slow start?

Hi all,

since a few days I have encountered a strange phenomenon: I get a very slow response after pressing the right mouse button on the Desktop (that's how I start DOpus from my desktop). It takes about 10 seconds for the pop-up menu to appear. Any ideas where this might be coming from?

Thanks
Robert

Take a look at this thread... even though I think it deals with various context menu 'failures' and not 'delays', it might be worth checking into what's being discussed here. See if you have the hotfix mentioned installed, etc etc:

[url]Right Click Context menu has stopped working]

Thanks Steje, for the link.
I have removed the security update and all is back to normal now :slight_smile:
I know I am taking a risk here, but I prefer that to odd behaviour.

best regards, Robert

BTW: if you rename or delete the program responsible for this behaviour (which comes with a security update) AND you have windows set to automagically download available updates, then windows will try to install the security update every time :frowning:

Take a look at what I just wrote in the sticky related to this issue:

[url]Slow/broken Context Menus, File-Open, Explorer/IE, etc]

I haven't tested its effectiveness... and it's based on the presumption that there is indeed some particular piece of software on your system conflicting with VERCLSID rather than it being some sort of generic conflict with it and Opus (I've got the update and I'm not having the issue, Nudel either). In principle it should help people fix ther systems so they can allow the update to be installed and not debilitate their machine.