Dopus slow when connected to the network

Hi,

Since a couple of days I faced strange problems when my laptop is connected to my LAN/Internet.

• Right Clicking on a file/folder causes a delay of around 10-20 seconds ("no response" in topbar)
  • Browsing a local folder for the first time causes the delay as well; when I repeat opening the same folder it is as fast as always

This only happens when the laptop is connected to the network.

When I switch on "Hide Windows Icons on context menu" the dopus menu pops up fast; shift-clicking causes delay

Killing all open applications incl. anti-virus did not change anything.
So I switched off my Shell Extensions one by one to see what was going wrong but without luck.

I de-installed Dopus to see if the problem goes away - and everything is lightning fast without Dopus :open_mouth:

Re-installed Dopus with default settings - delay re-appears.

I installed the latest Beta (coming from 11.12) without luck.

Now I am lost. I do not remember installing any software during the last couple of days. I switched from HDD to SDD a week ago but the problem wasn't there after that.

Any hints ?

best regards,
T.

[quote="FunTanK"]I de-installed Dopus to see if the problem goes away - and everything is lightning fast without Dopus :open_mouth:

Re-installed Dopus with default settings - delay re-appears.[/quote]

Do you mean Opus had slow right-click menus, then you uninstalled Opus and Explorer had fast menus? (Were they already fast, with no connection to whether or not Opus is installed?)

Or do you mean Explorer had slow right-click menus (as well), then you uninstalled Explorer and its menus became fast?

[quote="leo"]
Do you mean Opus had slow right-click menus, then you uninstalled Opus and Explorer had fast menus? (Were they already fast, with no connection to whether or not Opus is installed?)

Or do you mean Explorer had slow right-click menus (as well), then you uninstalled Explorer and its menus became fast?[/quote]

They were fast in Explorer (= on desktop) all the time, only slow in Opus when connected to LAN.

I am now online at my office; everything works fast & smooth in Opus now as well - I guess it must be connected with my home LAN in any way. Probably either my WHS or TrueImage which I installed in order to migrate to my new SSD.

I will try to fix it later then....

regards,
t.

So whether or not Opus was installed had no effect on the speed of the menus.

The debugging steps for context menus may help locate where the problem is. They will make Opus indicate which part of the menu it building, which may show you where the delay is.

If you've already tried disabling all shell extensions, it could be something like a Send To shortcut pointing to a network device that doesn't exist on your home LAN.

[quote="leo"]So whether or not Opus was installed had no effect on the speed of the menus.

The debugging steps for context menus may help locate where the problem is. They will make Opus indicate which part of the menu it building, which may show you where the delay is.

If you've already tried disabling all shell extensions, it could be something like a Send To shortcut pointing to a network device that doesn't exist on your home LAN.[/quote]

sorry for the confusion, english is not my native language. To clarify the behaviour: If Dopus is installed then the speed of right click Menus is slow (exception: Right clicking on a desktop item); even with default configuration.

Fortunately with your suggestion I have identified the "bad" shell extension: Perforce shell integration

Thanks for your help,

t.