DOpus slow

In the last week or so, DOpus (latest version) has become incredibly slow listing some folders. In trying to find a fix, I came across this from one of the forums:

If you go to /dopusdata\Formats (via the Opus location field) and then rename/move system.off, does that solve the problem?

Can someone explain to me how to actually do this? Where is a location field that I can actually enter an address?

Many thanks.

Tom Whedbee

I imagine people will point you in the direction of this post... [url]General slowdown or instability investigation steps]

Thanks, but I've already checked out that post. I really just wanted to know how to access /dopusdata\formats using the directions in italics.

I don't know how to enter a location -- or where this is done. Sorry if I'm not being clear.

Tom

The location field is the big rectangular white box that shows you your current location. Click in it, and type.

Many thanks! I've never noticed it before. DUH!

Tom

I too have been experiencing random lockups on folders that I use. I haven't noticed if it's a particular content form, but if so that might explain it.

I get really paranoid that drives are dying when this happens. Haha.

It's all in the FAQ: [Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories)

(More relevant one to problems with particular folders than the one linked above.)

I think it might be that its trying to extract thumbs from things, I will have to hunt down the specifics.