Dopus slows to a crawl, when I run a download to google drive

I use yt-dlp.exe, a CLI youtube video downloader, to download videos to a folder on my google drive. When I launch it in a command or power shell window and start the download, then the entire Dopus interface slowls to a crawl. Even after the download is finished, Dopus is very laggy and slow to use, as if there's something holding it up or it's spinning in some cycle. The aftermath is worse, if I've downloaded a batch of files. The only real solution thus far is to close Dopus and reopen it after downloads are done, and it's quite a hassle since it's my main driver.

I've also used youtube-dl.exe, an earlier version of the downloader before, with the same result.

Explorer.exe and total commander both work without any slowdowns at all, both during and after the download.

Curiously, if I run the download to a regular drive, there is no slowdown. So, I'm guessing something with google drive is tripping up Dopus. This has been an issue for many months, and it has persisted through a recent windows installation from scratch.

You could make some process snapshots while things are slow, which may reveal the cause.

(Google Drive does some very strange things, though, and is best avoided where possible.)

Can you explain or link to how to make process snapshots?
I tried searching real quick and came up with nothing workable.

I linked to it already. :slight_smile:

Apologies, I didn't notice :slight_smile:
I tried making the files for dopus.exe, but they're around 469 mb each, and all five compress with 7z ultra to around the same size altogether. That's way too big to email, and I'm also a bit adverse to shipping that much potentially private information out into the ether.
Is there any way you could test it there and see if it can be replicated? yt-dlp and youtube-dl are both open source and free to use.

You can encrypt the archive if you're worried about WeTransfer or similar looking at it. Send the password via email or private message. (Private message here is best, since email is so unreliable these days.)