DOpus-startup needed with last used listers

I did changes on the file with notepad.
Its normal Windows-setup. Need to look for settings, when back at PC.
I am now on tablet...
Will give report.

@Leo
Did a look on the rights...
/layouts is set to read only (means files in drawer)
/Directory Opus is set to read only too. (???)
But Security give full access for the whole directory.

Whatever this means.
In my meaning there will be rewriting not able. I'm right? But why do the setting not allow?

None of the files or folders under /dopusdata should be read-only, although I think we handle it if they are. Whatever set the read-only flag on (parts of?) your profile folder may have done something else as well, perhaps.

I would try this:

• In Opus, File > Exit Directory Opus.
  • Open Explorer and copy (not move!) the whole Opus config folder to your desktop. Select the "GPSoftware" folder when doing it.
  • Delete the old config folder.
  • Copy (not move!) the config folder back from the desktop to where it was.

That should reset all the file permissions, unless they have been messed up at the top level.

I did, but in my way.
Guessed you want to remove the whole directory "ConfigFiles". So I killed outside User. and put the "Directory Opus" back missing "ConfigFiles", interested in what will happen to DOpus.
What I can say is, it built the ConfigFiles new. I will still use this config watching what may happen while operating. :wink:
Stay cool! I copied another version of.

See the difference:

It doesn't look like you followed the instructions accurately. :slight_smile:

No, one level up:

• "Select the "GPSoftware" folder when doing it."

There shouldn't be any difference between which files are there now and before, because you were supposed to copy the files back:

• "Copy (not move!) the config folder back from the desktop to where it was."

The aim wasn't to remove the old files, but to ensure the folder and all the files in it have the standard permissions. Copying them out, deleting them, then copying them back in will usually achieve that.

@Leo
Maybe I mixed it up.
I will improve the new ConfigFiles.
I copied DirectoryOpus without any ConfigFiles...
But stay tuned...

edit
Sorry, I feel not good these days.
Need to get a break from this.

@Leo
I am sorry for your traffic...
I chosed to set my windows 10 new.
Had several bad settings and a new M.2 SSD, so I decided to kill all old soft and settings.
Hope to get DOpus new. but want copy the old settings...

edit
02.02.2020 - 11:27:12 Uhr
I did it, and it seems to work. But rights in Windows are the same. Who faked me...?

I close now, still wondering about.
Greetings, Eike

@lxp
Hey Alexander,
I did a new Windows now and had to rework my DOpus with user-definded command to open 3 Listers in their Prefs LAYOUT, but cant get them in what I like. Always opened in VIEW Details, but I need VIEW Thumbnails. Would you please nice and tell, how the command you built is to modify to get this.
I always have problems with my understandings, but mostly to handle the english version of the manual in the german DOpus. The bad way is: I think in german... :wink:
Thankyou for your help!

Are you refering to the Prefs LAYOUT=... commands?

No need to change these. Open a lister with a certain Layout, adjust it as needed (change to VIEW=Thumbnails etc.) and save the Layout again. That should be all you need to do.

P.S.: Yes, using the German version with an English manual is cumbersome. Have you considered making the switch to the English version?

Tried several times now to save the lister in VIEW=Thumbnail, but it dont helps. Always old false layouts...

Edited now the saved lister layouts by hand.
BTW They seemed right, but with false upper and bottom borders, and saved VIEW was always set to false Details. Seems that DOpus has problems to get the right data from a second screen...
Thats the same problems I had on my old Windows 10 in the beginning of this thread.
The new edited layouts seems to work... I clip my fingers.