DOpus4 running on UAE - A bit of Nostalgia

Here's a screenie of Directory Opus 4 running on UAE after a fresh AiaB installation. Really brings back some old memories working with DO on the Amiga.

Enjoy!

Anodized

1 Like

[quote="Anodized"]Here's a screenie of Directory Opus 4 running on UAE after a fresh AiaB installation. Really brings back some old memories working with DO on the Amiga.

Enjoy!

Anodized[/quote]

I'll always have some part of my heart dedicated to the Amiga, and even some of my computers before it. The good semi-old days!

I still have my 500 and 2000.

Lots more random Opus 5 (and one Opus 4 shot (and one Opus5-pretenting-to-be-Opus4 shot) nostalgia!

Plus the MUI config dialog which has nothing at all to do with Opus (it didn't use MUI) but brings back some memories. MUI was so far ahead of its time it ran too slowly on most Amigas but in terms of configurability, plus consistency between applications (something no skinning system on Windows has managed) it was better than anything we have today, at least through my rose-tinted glasses.

That Beavis icon on my desktop was really a transparent Opus button/icon which, via ARexx, played a random Beavis & Butt-head sample when double-clicked. I wish I had that kind of time on my hands again!

Click for full-size screenshots and stuff... :slight_smile:

Yeah, Good Old Days... :slight_smile:

@Nudel, But Any chances Do You know wich Fonts this was? I remember using it and would be Great to get it for Pc :smiley:

And Btw, My Dopus in Widescreen...

That was the "P0T-NOoDLE" font that I made. There's a PC conversion of the mono-spaced version here:

sci.fi/~vjouppi/fonts/

I think there's another conversion out there but not sure where.

I'd love to convert it to a proper vector font one day (and make it the right aspect ratio for 1:1 pixel screens -- it was made for the 2:1 pixel aspect hires non-laced mode on the Amiga) but I know nothing about making TTF fonts.

So you are the Creator, wow... I can see the Relation on the Names now :astonished: .. So first Congratulations on this Great Font!

I Downloaded it from the Source you mentioned.. But I guess this 2:1 aspect radio you Talk about make it look a little bit too spaced (big) for my Dopus, (and for some Reason Size 8 and 6 doesnt make a difference) but quite Sure I will use it for other Programs, Thank You very much! :smiley: