DOpus9 bug?: Ignores "Don't detect accidental double clicks"

On Vista, DOpus 9 ignores if the user has disabled "Detect accidental double clicks" (via TweakUI or any other tweaking program)

I'm one of the people who use "Single click to open items" mode in DOpus. In this mode, DOpus 8 looks at detect accidental double clicks setting in Registry and behaves accordingly. The difference is, if this is enabled, DOpus waits to see if the user will double click. There is a delay which annoys me. If I disable it in the registry, DOpus runs the file I clicked on immediately without any delay. Since I and a lot of people almost never double click accidentally, this mode is preferred.

DOpus 8 obeys this setting even on Vista, DOpus 9 trial I downloaded together ignores this setting, so there's always a delay in single click mode. This may be because the programmers wrote their own explorer code for DO9.

I believe this is a bug or an oversight. Disabling the single click => run delay is crucial for single click mode users. DOpus 9 should either look at the registry for this setting or provide it's own similar setting in its control panel.

You should perhaps file a feature request at the official Opus web site for this.

I don't know how much it helps but you can reduce the wait time by reducing the double-click time in your Mouse control panel. Opus waits that amount of time to see if a double-click happens.

Also, be careful when using TweakUI and similar tools as many of the registry settings in Vista have changed or been removed but the tools haven't all been updated yet. (TweakUI isn't support on Vista yet.) That said, if this particular setting does take effect in Explorer then it's likely that it's one of the ones that hasn't changed, and Opus probably should respect the setting, as you say.

Thanks nudel. I set the double click time to minimum in my mouse control panel and it decreased the delay quite a bit. However, it's still not as fast as DOpus 8 with disabled accidental double clicks setting. I think DOpus programmers have their hands full right now, but I hope they'll give this priority since it's absolutely crucial for single click mode users.

kenalcock: I'm only evaluating DOpus 9. I don't have a full license yet. Can I submit a bug report on DOpus 9 with DOpus 8 license?

I think you can report bugs using your eval licence code.

Try Opus 9.0.0.1 to see if it's better:[ul][li]...[/li]
[li] In Single Click mode, reduced the delay between a click and the action taking place (previously it used the system double-click time, now uses half the double-click time)[/li]
[li]...[/li][/ul]Full list of changes here: [Directory Opus 9.0.0.1)

[quote="nudel"]Try Opus 9.0.0.1 to see if it's better:[ul][li]...[/li]
[li] In Single Click mode, reduced the delay between a click and the action taking place (previously it used the system double-click time, now uses half the double-click time)[/li]
[li]...[/li][/ul]Full list of changes here: [Directory Opus 9.0.0.1)[/quote]

Much much better. :slight_smile: Thanks :grin:

In the future, if it's possible, the delay should be user-definable, I think.