[dopus9]inline rename doesn't work anymore in details mode

Hi everybody,
I just install dopus 9 and while configuring it I have now this problem :
left click on a selected file in power or details mode doesn't open anymore the inline rename, but I can still use right click->rename or F2.
Selected file background colour also match the not active one everytime.
Selection colour and rename are working in the other modes.
All was working at start : do you know what I did, and how to fix this ?
Thanks.

Mathieu

A couple of other people had this problem and found out it was because they had set their double-click time to be too long or too short in their mouse control panel. Try changing the setting and let us know if that doesn't help.

Is this what you're looking for?

A couple of other people had this problem and found out it was because they had set their double-click time to be too long or too short in their mouse control panel. Try changing the setting and let us know if that doesn't help.[/quote]
My problem is only in details and power mode, everything is working in Large Icon, Small Icon, List, Thumbnails and Tiles mode.

Is this what you're looking for?[/quote]
The problem of colour is only in power and details.
I think I'm going to save my config and uninstall/reinstall dopus.
Thanks for your help.

P.S.: I don't know why but the colour is working now, but inline rename still isn't. :question:
P.P.S.: after uninstall/reinstall, and config restored, the problem is still there

Were you viewing special folders like My Computer or Desktop when the colours looked wrong? If so then that is because those folders are displayed by Explorer, inside Opus, so Explorer's own settings are used there.

No, the screenshot from my previous post is an example of the bad colour problem. But this one is gone I don't know how.
I think I trigger a bug while configuring and testing the v9, and I don't want to start one a new conf. I will live with...

I'm having the same inline renaming problem. A single left-click, then another single left-click starts the rename process properly in the following view modes:
Large Icons
Small Icons
List
Thumbnails
Tiles
But not in Details mode (the mode I use almost exclusively) or Power mode (but I don't think it's suppose to behave the same way)

After starting this post I noticed the color problem as well... The colors are correct in the same modes, but incorrect in Details and Power, but with one (I think very-) important caveat: If I sort by anything other than "Name" the colors start working correctly again (renaming however still doesn't work). The color change is EXACTLY the same as the default color change for when the lister isn't active (very close if not exactly 50%), but none of the opacity options change the problem. (What I mean is, whatever is doing this is set to 50%, but it's not something the user can change, not in the options anyway.

The problem happens, fullscreen and 'restored down' in every standard Lister Style (Commander, Filmstrip, Single, etc.) after changing the view mode to Details.

Pic 1. Notice the files are the same colors even though the right pane (details) is "on top" while the left pane (list) isn't.
Pic 2. Notice the drastically different colors with the details pane (right) on bottom.
Pic 3. Just for kicks: right, details pane sorted by Type, notice the colors are now correct.

Oh yeah, I'm on Vista 64, DO 9.0.0.1

I've still got no idea about why inline rename would stop working (still haven't seen the problem here). I think you'll both have to ask GPSoft for help directly to find a solution to that.

As for the colours, does the problem go away if you turn off Blend row and column background colors? That shouldn't, IMO, affect selected item colours but right now it does.

[quote="Hirudin"]A single left-click, then another single left-click starts the rename process properly in the following view modes:
Large Icons
Small Icons
List
Thumbnails
Tiles
But not in Details mode (the mode I use almost exclusively) or Power mode (but I don't think it's suppose to behave the same way)[/quote]

I'm facing the same exact problem since I have updated to v9.0.
But: This error appears only on one of my machines. The other two installations work as expected. (3x Win XP SP2)

Could everyone who is having the inline rename problem please say which mouse drivers they are using, and post a screenshot of the mouse driver tab showing the double-click time slider?

Maybe we can find a pattern which will help find a solution that works for everyone. (So far two people have fixed the problem by reducing their double-click times by one notch.)

Thanks.

Same here, colors where sometime ok, sometime not, but I didn't find why.

I'm on XP SP2 Fr DO 9.0.0.0

I try checking and unchecking in display->options, but the color problem stay.
When sorted by name in details mode, background color of selected files is grey. The 50% fade when inactive is working ok but with grey.
With problem : select and active = grey = 50% black
Without problem : select and inactive = 50% black = grey
With problem : select and inactive = faded grey = 25% black

[quote="nudel"]Could everyone who is having the inline rename problem please say which mouse drivers they are using, and post a screenshot of the mouse driver tab showing the double-click time slider?

Maybe we can find a pattern which will help find a solution that works for everyone. (So far two people have fixed the problem by reducing their double-click times by one notch.)
[/quote]
I don't think the double-click slider is the problem, the two clicks inline renaming is working in other modes.
My mouse is a microsoft usb optical intellipoint.
Driver 6.10.155.0 07/11/2006 from Microsoft

Welp, I tried changing my mouse's double click setting. And... it actually worked. How about that?

With the slider 1 notch higher than the middle I can sometimes get it to work, anything lower works as well (easily), I could not make it work on anything higher. This is in Details mode of course. In List mode I could make the inline rename work on every setting.

I'm using a Logitech MX1000 mouse, but with whatever drivers Windows Vista 64 installed: Microsoft 6.0.6000.16386 Date: 06/21/2006

With "Blend row and column background colors" off the colors seem to be working correctly again.

Welp, I guess I can live with having my double click speed down one notch for a while, so I'm now good. Thanks nudel!

[quote="Hirudin"]Welp, I tried changing my mouse's double click setting. And... it actually worked. How about that?

With the slider 1 notch higher than the middle I can sometimes get it to work, anything lower works as well (easily), I could not make it work on anything higher. This is in Details mode of course. In List mode I could make the inline rename work on every setting.

[...]

With "Blend row and column background colors" off the colors seem to be working correctly again.
[...] Thanks nudel![/quote]
Same here !

I'm having a different inline problem in Power View mode.

Let's say my lister is sized to display ten files at a time. When I'm in Inline Rename mode, I can browse between files with up and down cursor keys like I used to do in DO6/8. But whenever I reach the bottom edge of the lister, instead of scrolling down the lister content to the next file, DO9 simply exits the Inline Rename mode (it disables the rename field and switches to Keyboard mode). Very annoying.

I haven't found any related option in the settings to explain this odd behaviour.

[quote="Kaminari"]I'm having a different inline problem in Power View mode.

Let's say my lister is sized to display ten files at a time. When I'm in Inline Rename mode, I can browse between files with up and down cursor keys like I used to do in DO6/8. But whenever I reach the bottom edge of the lister, instead of scrolling down the lister content to the next file, DO9 simply exits the Inline Rename mode (it disables the rename field and switches to Keyboard mode). Very annoying.

I haven't found any related option in the settings to explain this odd behaviour.[/quote]
Confirmed. I've filed a bug report. I don't think there's any option to turn it off, it looks like a bug.

I've been able to reproduce both these problems, we will have a fix for them soon.

Thanks everyone for your help

Yes, support is top notch. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Try now in Opus 9.0.0.2

Full list of changes here: [Directory Opus 9.0.0.2)