DopusRT crashes with "My Computer" tab open in active lister

I'm using the excellent DopusRT /info filename,paths command to retrieve the open tabs in Directory Opus; however, sometimes it fails to complete. My son Shaltiel (also a registered user of Directory Opus) has isolated the problem to cases in which a "My Computer" tab is open in the active lister. In such cases, the DopusRT command consistently fails. (Specifically: DopusRT returns control to the command line immediately, but the file is not written, and the DopusRT process continues to run for about 20 seconds before finally shutting down).

Hi Leo,
Were you able to reproduce this issue on your end? I'm experiencing it on two separate computers here.

I can confirm this. If a tab in any lister is opened to 'Computer' (or 'My Computer') then "paths" produces no output at all.
There is no error message, no empty file, nothing at all.

Thanks, Naki, for confirming that it's not just something specific about my configuration.

Leo, since you haven't mentioned anything to the contrary, can we assume that you've been able to reproduce the problem as well?

We haven't looked at it yet. When we have, one of us will respond.

Thanks, I can reproduce this and it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks, Jon! We've finished building the batch-tablist-management utility that we proposed in an earlier thread (Dual listers and the "paths" command), so we'll be able to deploy the utility as soon as this nit is resolved in the next update.

In the meantime, if anyone on this list would like a copy of the utility, we'd be happy to share it (both exe and source).

Fixed. Thanks! :slight_smile: