DOpusRT /info paths: no special folders

Hi,

In my experiments, DOpusRT paths command seems to ignore lister (or tabs) containing one of the special folders identified by a CLSID string (like "{20d04fe0-3aea-1069-a2d8-08002b30309d}" for My Computer). Would it be possible to retrieve the CLSID of these special folders?

Or, alternatively, to retrieve the ShellSpecialFolderConstantsthat that can be used with the Shell.Explore command?

Thanks.

I wonder if creating a script addin-in which adds a command you can trigger via "dopusrt /acmd" might work better for what you're aiming to do?

That could enumerate listers and tabs and other details and output the exact details you need, above & beyond what dopusrt.exe /info can do. It could also be dropped into the /dopusdata/Script Add-Ins dir automatically to avoid the user having to install manually.

We could also extent the dopusrt /info command if that makes more sense, but I thought it might be worth considering a script in case that gives you more control and flexibility, since it seems you want to do some quite advanced things which the script model should provide for. (We can extend the script model as well, of course, if things are missing.)

Thank you for suggesting this. I was not necessarily considering learning a new scripting language at this time since I'm already in the middle of developing a bunch of new features in FP (among other things, keeping DOpus compatibility with some of these new features). But since I already know VBScript, this would make a smoother learning curve. Is there a documentation of the DOpus.listers members properties?

Just found that the lister.tab.path can return class ids for special folders. This is good.

I'm reading the help file about commands and scripting. What I did not find yet is how to launch a custom command (saved in the Script Add-Ins) from an AHK script? I looked at DopusRt but found nothing. An answer to this would be a good kick-start :slight_smile:

OK, I was just too tired when I checked the DOpusRt doc. I have not try it with a script saved in the "Script Add-Ins" but it works with user-defined commands created in the Customize window:

DOpusRt /acmd mycommandname

Yep, that should work with script commands as well.