Double click on a file

How can I have my default app open the file that I double click? It works fine when I right click on the file and select Open but not when I double click.

It normally works by default. If not, right click the file, use the Open With menu and set the default app from there.

If that still doesn't work, which type/extension is it, and which program are you trying to use with it?

I'm assuming the latest version of Opus, but if not then please let us know.

Windows 10 updated my machine yesterday so perhaps this is a problem related to that.

I use both LibreOffice Calc and Writer. Tonight, when I double-clicked a Calc doc, then a Writer doc from the Opus file list all seemed to be well. I made a few edits, then proceeded to save. That's when the following window appeared which I do not understand.

I'm not sure whether my attempt to paste an image there worked, so I will simply copy the text of that message as follows:
Document Could No Be Locked
The lock file could not be created for exclusive access by LibreOffice, due to missing permission to create a lock file on that file location or lack of free disk space.
[Open Read-Only] or [Cancel]

This wasn't a total disaster. I merely save those docs to different filenames, moved the originals to a temp folder, then renamed the temp docs back to the original filenames.
This, however, is a scenario I don't want to repeat whenever I launch from Opus. I concede that Opus is quite new to me as of a few weeks and there may be some setting I missed.
Len Miller

Moments ago, I used the right-click then Open technique to launch. However, still the same problem as above when I went to save the file.
However, if I exit the file, LibreOffice presents a page with a list of several topics, one of them being Recent Files. Launching files from that repository allowed me to edit and save as normally expected.
Len

That error message is coming from LibreOffice rather than Opus. I don't think it's related to what this thread is about.

I'm trying to open a .jpg file that I use IrfanView as the default but I expect any other file format to be a similar problem.

Is it opening in the Opus viewer instead? If so, you probably chose that during installation, but it's easy to turn off: How to stop the Opus image viewer from being used by default