Double-click on Network Printer results in Open With dialog

When I try to connect to network printers, Opus asks me what application I want to open them with. It does not have the right association. I can overcome this by right click/connect. I would still like to be able to do it with a double left click.

This is what happens when I double click on a network printer in order to map it.
Right click/connect works fine.

Thanks!

Yeah, same here. Never reported it since I've just gone and done the right-click -> Connect thing when I needed to and never really bothered checking the behavior against Explorer. That said, lets be clear about what "should" happen - relative to how Explorer behaves...

Explorer:

• For a printer that has not previously been installed / "connected"... dbl-clicking on it in Explorer BOTH installs the printer driver, THEN opens the printers print queue / job list.
  • For a printer that has already been installed / "connected"... dbl-clicking on it in Explorer only opens the printers queue / job list.

Opus always just throws up the "Open with" dialog that you posted the screenshot of on dbl-click. However, if you right click a printer in Opus and select Open instead of Connect - then Opus behaves as it should - i.e. same as dbl-clicking in Explorer. That seems a little weird... since in past similar sorts of situations Opus usually performed the 'Open' verb/action even if that wasn't the appropriate / default action for dbl-click. Maybe it's different in this case because Printers aren't really a file type or something... either way, seems wrong.

I think Steje is probably right.

We'll look into this and see if we can handle it better. For now, using the right-click menu as a workaround is best.