Double-Click on Video not working

I have checked all of the posts and have not found a remedy for this situation.
Without knowing, something obviously changed in my sysytem preventing the usage of the double-click to work on any video files within DO Pro. I am using the latest version.
I checked the file types associations and they all appear to be set approproaitely.
Videos work throughtout my system, except for DO Pro.

Please assist.

Is your context menues´ "open with" still working?

Yes...

Which versions of Opus and Windows are you using?

Which program is set to open video files?

Something to try, if you haven't already: Use the Open With menu to assign that program as the default. (i.e. Don't just launch it once via Open With, use the option to assign a default program which is also in the menu.)

1. OS: Windows 7 64-bit Opus: Directory Opus 10
  2. Windows Media (default)

...It's already set to WM default.

Please try with the latest beta version (10.2.0.5, link in my signature) if you're not already using that.

64x 10.2.04 version installed.

05 generates an install error.

What's the installation error? That might indicate a more general problem.

-5001 : 0x800070002

Try following the suggestions in the FAQ.

Sorry to report none of the FAQ's remarks applied to my situation.

Something wrong with installer file, b/c, previous version of DO Pro was re--installed sucessfully.

Besides, that is not the issue at hand, although installing a newer version was a proposed option.

Never-the-less, something changed, somewhere, within my system, specifically, that directly impacted the way DO Pro handles the double-click to open video files.

I'm blaming DO Pro, I really like the software very much and had a couple of years of flawless performance up until recently.

However, if this can't be resolved I will have to move to another software program such as XYplorer which thus far has been a suitable replacement to DO pro during this interim.

I hope there is a final solution soon.

Thank you thus far for all your support efforts.

I'd say the 2nd last item in the FAQ is very similar to what you're seeing, and worth a try. ("During the installation, you get an error similar to this:...")

As a very quick fix for the video issue:

[ul][li]Select Settings -> File Types.[/li]
[li]Expand File Type Groups and double-click the Movies group.[/li]
[li]The Left double-click event should say not defined (if it doesn't, that may be the cause of the problem). Assuming it is currently not defined, double-click it to edit it.[/li]
[li]Set the command to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" {filepath$}[/li]
[li]Click OK in the three windows to save the changes.[/li][/ul]

Does that get things working again?

(If not, what type of video file is it?)

Firstly a typo, in my last posting.. I meant to state: "I'm NOT blaming DO Pro..."

Secondly, UREKA! WhaHooo! That did the trick! Thank you very much Mr. Leo. :smiley:

I'm back in business again... It's good to be home!

The only other issue I have currently is the new version (05) install package.

Is there another method or file package I can use? The install file currently used for ver 05 has not thus far been resolved.

Just to reiterate, all other installs work fine on my system, including earlier versions of DO Pro. ?????

Just for my own edification, what happened or why has something happened that changed the setting in the "file type groups" associations????

Have you tried either of the last two suggestions in the installer FAQ? Both are possibilities from what you've described.

[quote]Is there another method or file package I can use? The install file currently used for ver 05 has not thus far been resolved.

Just to reiterate, all other installs work fine on my system, including earlier versions of DO Pro. ?????[/quote]

My guess is the installer you downloaded is corrupted. Sometimes web browsers stop downloading before the file is complete and don't tell you. The last suggestion in the FAQ tells you have to check if that happened.

Nothing happened to your File Type Groups associations. We just used them to override what's in the registry.

If you want, run FileTypeDiag on the extension you were double-clicking and post the results in a zip/attachment. I'll see if that reveals anything.

Thank you Mr. Leo,

I was able to sucessfully install ver05 via the Run instead of Save/Save As...

I will look into the FAQ again to determine the cause of the failure...

For now, I wish you and your family a happy holiday :sunglasses:

All the best,

Barry

[quote="bangemout"]I was able to sucessfully install ver05 via the Run instead of Save/Save As...

I will look into the FAQ again to determine the cause of the failure...[/quote]
...most likely, your original download was in fact corrupted. You downloaded it again and presumably got an intact download when you did a "Run" instead of a Save... If you haven't deleted the original installer that you saved to your local disk and which gave you the error, you'll be able to verify either or both the checksum or digital signature is invalid.