Double-clicking file does not open file with assigned default program

I have files with extension ".clp". While in a DirectoryOpus lister, I right-click on a .clp file and select Open With and then Choose Default Program to set the default program for that type of file. In this particular case, I'm selecting Gnu Emacs as the default program. Afterwards, DirectoryOpus displays .clp files with an Emacs icon. However, double-clicking on one of those files seems to be opening up the DirectoryOpus viewer which has the message "Unable to load myfile.clp as a picture". If I use Windows Explorer to list the same files, the files show up with an Emacs icon and double-clicking on the files opens them in Emacs.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rob

If you turn off Preferences / File Operations / Double-click on Files / Use internal picture viewer for does it change the behaviour?

Yes. Unchecking "Preferences / File Operations / Double-click on Files / Use internal picture viewer for" seems to fix the problem. Now my .clp files open with Emacs. However, how do I ensure that the Directory Opus viewer will be the default for viewing picture files if that's unchecked? That's why I had that option checked in the first place.

Thanks,
Rob

Add clp to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced [Image Formats]: viewer_disable_internal.

That worked. The clp files open with Emacs and picture files open with the Directory Opus picture viewer.

Thanks!!
Rob