Double clicking on .tcf file will not open in VS Code

Hello!
Recently, I was trying to adjust some settings to make my movements in Opus faster. This was just changing where folders were placed, etc. I don't believe I did anything to file paths. After that I have now found that trying to open a .tcf file by double clicking in Opus will not open in VS Code, even though it is set as the default program to open .tcf files.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Opus. Currently on 12.31 x64 and the issue still persists on a fresh install.

I can open the file using the Right click>Open With VS Code option and it opens in VS Code just fine.

I'm not sure exactly what else you need from me but I can try to provide anything.
Thank you!

Using Right Click -> Open With and then the option to change the default program is usually enough.

If that doesn't work, check under Settings > File Types that you haven't overridden the double-click action for the type.

1 Like

Wow Leo thanks for the quick response. I reselected VS Code for that file type in the File Types area you suggested, restarted Opus and we are good to go! I was looking in Preferences before.

Thank you!

1 Like