Double keyboard mappings

Hi,

I problem i have for quite some time, using the Keyboard Map... menu, i have a lot of double entries there (probably since the v9 to v10 upgrade)
The problem is, it is impossible to get rid of the duplicates, since every time you select a double item, the "delete" button becomes greyed out.

Is this a known problem please ? Any way (registry ? some config file ?) to get rid of them in another way ?

Thanks.
Gerd.

The double mapping means that the same key is defined twice. For example, on two different toolbars.

Regards, AB

As AB said. You can't directly delete "toolbar" hotkeys from the Customize dialog, but you can edit them and either change or remove the key.

Thanks aussieboy & jon,

But i don't know how to remove the key. It's greyed out.

As aussieboy said, if, for example the F1 (Help) key is assigned on different toolbars, how do i know which ones & so after all, it's better to leave the double entries as they are ?

Double click it to edit the toolbar button it is coming from. You can clear the hotkey from there.

Or just clear the checkbox next to the red name.

But why do you have two copies of the menus and toolbars open in the first place? :slight_smile:

[quote="leo"]Double click it to edit the toolbar button it is coming from. You can clear the hotkey from there.

Or just clear the checkbox next to the red name.

But why do you have two copies of the menus and toolbars open in the first place? :slight_smile:[/quote]
I must have "personalized" the v9 default toolbars a bit, and now i have those & the new v10 open at the same time.
Time for some slimming down. :smiley:

Thanks for the doubleclick tip !