Drag and drop issue

Sometimes, when I drag and drop a file to another folder, the file displays twice in the destination folder until I click the "Refresh ALL" button.

Are you aware of this issue?

Thanks,
Ben

Not a known issue.

What kind of drive is the source and destination?

Which versions of Windows and Opus?

Any other details that could help us reproduce what you are seeing? e.g. Does it only happen with particular file types, or in particular folders, or when you do things in certain ways?

What kind of drive is the source and destination? - in this instance of the problem, the Source was a USB 3.0 flash drive plugged into my laptop's USB 3.0 port and the destination was another external USB 2.0 hard drive connected to my laptop's docking station

Which versions of Windows and Opus? - windows 7 x64 Ultimate; DO Directory Opus Pro 11.6 Build 5355 x64
OS 6.1 (B:7601 P:2 T:1) SP 1.0 "Service Pack 1"

Any other details that could help us reproduce what you are seeing? e.g. Does it only happen with particular file types, or in particular folders, or when you do things in certain ways? - Unfortunately, I have not paid attention to anything specific to a particular folder or file type.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks! That rules out issues with NAS devices and similar.

If it's something you can make happen fairly reliably, it might be worth running through the debug steps in Changes to folders are not always detected to see which change events Opus is seeing. That could shed light on what's happening.

Thanks, Leo

Should I start running DebugView now, in anticipation of the next occurrence of this problem, or can I wait until the problem occurs again before starting DebugView?

You'd need to have it running when/before it happens.

OK, thanks

I tried to shut down Opus, using the instructions on the Opus Debug page, but i have no menu option to "Exit Directory Opus". Was this menu entry for an older version of Opus? (I'm running v11.7). Also, I started debugView but cannot seem to re-create the error, now that DebugView is running. Should i shut down DebugView and restart it or just let it run all day, until the error I'm trying to capture appears again?
Thanks

The exit option is still in the File menu, assuming you haven't changed all your toolbars and menus.

The jump list method shown in the FAQ should also work (unless you have hidden it via Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Jump List).

You should be able to leave DebugView running all the time without it causing problems. It's up to you when you keep it open, but you will need it to be open when the problem happens, since it cannot capture information from the past.

Here is what my File menu shows:

That looks like an old or custom menu, maybe imported from Opus 9 or earlier into Opus 11?

The jump list should still work.

I did import a configuration file that has transitioned from Opus 9 through Opus 11. I did not realize that it pulled in the menu structure, as well, from Opus 9. Is there any way to get back to the Opus 11 default menu structure while saving my lister and toolbar configurations?

The menus are part of the toolbars, so resetting the menus would involve resetting at least some parts of some toolbars.