Drag & Drop images from opus to ps

Hi, a while ago a forum member had trouble dragging images from firefox to opus. Our conclusion was that firefox by a bug made a bitmap of jpg and pasted it after drop. This is actually interesing because when I have a document open in Photoshop and if I drag files from firefox to Photoshop, Photoshop creates a new layer instead of opening a new document. I find this actually very interesting.

My question is; Is it possible to alter the Drag n Drop behaviour of opus..For example, Is it possible to make a button that will create a complete bmp file from a jpg but not create that file physically but copies it to the clipboard and simulates a drag and drop action into Photoshop..

I know this sounds a weird question..I already asked support in other Photoshop forums but the conlcusion was that this cannot be scripted.

But I am persistent and I believe Opus might have a solution for this..

Thanks in advance

(BTW, newer versions of Opus include a workaround for the Firefox -> Opus issue.)

I don't think there is a way to change the Opus -> Photoshop drag & drop. To do what you want Opus would have to do the "wrong" thing (like Firefox does) and put the decoded bitmap data into the drag & drop object, but there is no way to make Opus do that right now and it might cause problems with other programs if it did.

You might be able to write a Photoshop script which takes a filepath from the clipboard and adds that file as a new layer. That would streamline things a bit.

If you can launch Photoscript scripts from outside of Photoshop then you could make the whole thing run from an Opus button or context menu. I expect Photoshop lets you do that but it's not something I've ever looked into.

This might also be interesting for you: [Places selected files as layers into Photoshop CS3)

Thanks for the elaborate information Leo but I think Christiaan answered my question..Lol, I knew about Zions script but I must have misunderstood the concept from the beginning...I thought zions script a psd file from the selected images outside Photoshop...

This is exactly what I was looking for..All that trouble searching on the net while it was always here in this forum..I feel so stupid now because I knew of that button the day I joined this forum... :blush:

Thanks again Leo and Christiaan!!

I have another question...I just added zion's layerize button..But this only works for the 64bit version of photoshop..If I have the 32bit version already open it doesn't do anything. I need photohop 32 bit because some of my plugins only come with 32 bit...Do you have an idea how to get this work with PS X64..I open the orb file with text editor but i could find any path for photoshop..

Thanks

To do the same thing against the 32-bit version of Photoshop, save the Layerize.vbs in the attached zip and create a button which runs this:

C:\windows\syswow64\wscript.exe "C:\wherever you saved it\Layerize.vbs" {allfilepath$}

The script in the zip file is just Zion's script converted to run via the command-line instead of via an Opus rename preset. Doing that allows us to run it in a 32-bit environment via the 32-bit copy of wscript.exe that is in the Windows syswow64 folder. It'll then create a 32-bit Photoshop instead of a 64-bit one.

(People on 32-bit systems obviously don't need to do any of this. They'll always get a 32-bit version even with the original script.)
Layerize.zip (735 Bytes)

Thanks a million Leo. It works like charm..!!! :smiley: :smiley: