Drive buttons and multifunctabs

Hello I posted this question on an old thread, although not sure if a thread started in 2007 is still read, anyway I have the drive buttons command as multifunctabs as opposed to multifunc as I didn't want the drive to appear in an already opened window or lister. But I'd like them to work as a folder with the command 'NEWTAB=findexisting' to prevent it from opening a duplicate tab if one already exists.
Can this work with the drive buttons with multifunctabs command? The drives open in lots of tabs even though they already exist!

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=fixed,multifunctabs NEWTAB=findexisting 

No, I tried that, it doesn't work. I click on C drive (either left or right button to open in either in left or right lister in dual pane) and it opens in multiple tabs.

The NEWTAB=findexisting argument only works when you remove the multifunctabs sub-parameter of the DRIVEBUTTONS argument.

The multifunctabs option causes the drive buttons to be three-button buttons with NEWTAB OPENINLEFT, NEWTAB OPENINRIGHT and NEW as the three functions.
So, the multifunctabs sub-parameter already opens a new tab, that's why the NEWTAB=findexisting argument 'doesn't work' ... I think ... :wink:

If you only need drivebuttons for fixed drives, you could create three-button buttons for them manually. Something like this, for example:

LMB: Go C:\ NEWTAB=findexisting OPENINLEFT
RMB: Go C:\ NEWTAB=findexisting OPENINRIGHT
MMB: Go C:\ NEWTAB=findexisting NEW

Yep, I see your point. I tried it without the 'multifunctabs' command and I can get the drives to open in new tabs but without the 3-button functions - I use the tab key on the keyboard to switch from source to destination in dual pane, but I just wanted them to open in the same tab if it exists already, not so many tabs all the same. :frowning:

So you mean rather than use the drive toolbar, to add the drives individually and set the commands for each? That'll will be quite as task as I have 6 fixed drives! How can I set 3-button buttons for one drive, though?

This is the code for a three-button button (example drive c:):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none" type="three_button">
	<label>New Button</label>
	<icon1>#newcommand</icon1>
	<button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none">
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>Go C:\ NEWTAB=findexisting OPENINLEFT</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>Go C:\ NEWTAB=findexisting OPENINRIGHT</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>Go C:\ NEWTAB=findexisting NEW</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
</button>

When you have 6 drives, just copy/paste the code and replace c:\ by d:\ etc.. and you can also replace the labels, icons etc. :wink:

Thank you for this, Christiaan. I think this has more flexibility for what I want.