Drive buttons look different in v13

They looked more pleasing to the eye in v12, but I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or not, maybe due to supporting both light and dark themes now>. They're also harder to read in my opinion. Perhaps they have a colour setting, I have not looked.

dopus_2023-11-05_19-21-26

Thanks.

v13.0.44

Mine look like this. Win11, everything plain vanilla.

Updated: It's been a long time since I've customised Directory Opus so I had forgotten that this isn't their default look. You must use Go DRIVEBUTTONS=hideempty Show label disabled for the button to replicate what you see in the screenshot. I don't think it's possible to install v12 and v13 side-by-side so comparing and contrasting is a bit of a chore. The discrepancy was however one of the first things I noticed since they just appear to have a much darker outline than before IIRC. It's not a big deal, and I may experiment with the other DRIVEBUTTONS options to see if something else works. Disabling the label was the most compact which is why I originally chose to do so.

I do :slight_smile:

I edited my previous reply.

Disabling the button's label saves about half on width, so I'll stick to how it is despite not looking as nice as before. If switching to large images for the icon, things looks more legible. If the drive letters were bold when using small images for icons perhaps they'd be just as legible. Not sure if that's something I can change.

Also I'm not sure why your letters are black with white outlines, but the opposite for me. Edit: Because mine are in the File Display toolbar (with the location bar) and not a "normal" toolbar like Menu. Those are easier to read:

dopus_2023-11-05_20-48-27

Might this help?

HDD Letter Icons

Thank you for the suggestion, however it looks like it modifies the icons in Explorer too. I'd only need it to affect the Opus drive buttons.