Duplicate SFTP (SSH) Tab asks for the passphrase again

Hi!

If I open a FTP directory using "Secure SFTP via SSH (Port 22)" in a tab I naturally have to enter my passphrase. If I duplicate that tab I have to enter the same passphrase again. Why? How can I duplicate a "SFTP-tab" without having to re-enter the passphrase every time?

/Bengt

For me, the new tab will log in without needing to enter the password again.

How are you going to the site initially? (e.g. FTP bookmark)

Which method is used to duplicate the tab? (e.g. Right-click tab, choose Duplicate Tab)

Does it happen if you duplicate the tab right after making the connection?

Are there any error messages in the FTP log? (Available from the FTP menu.) Does the connection succeed after typing the password, or is it failing to connect entirely? (If it's failing to connect, the site may not allow more connections.)

Initially I use FTP-bookmark. I tried open the FTP-site "manually" (FTP > FTP connection...), but that doesn't work since I don't seem to be able to set private keyfile as authentication type. Yes, that is the Authentication I want to use.

To duplicate the tab I right-click and choose Duplicate Tab or I just click on the "+"-tab. The same result. And if I restart DO and open this layout, I have to enter passphrase for all ftp-tabs I click on, not just the first I click on.

Yes, it happens all the time, even if I duplicate right after I have made a successful connection in the current tab.

No errors in the logg. This is the logging received both for the initial tab and the the duplicated:

Opening connection the.ftp.server:22
Server version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3
We believe remote version has SSH-2 channel request bug
Using SSH protocol version 2
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Directory_Opus
Server supports delayed compression; will try this later
Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-256
Host key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 dc:dc:...
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA-256 client->server MAC algorithm
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA-256 server->client MAC algorithm
Reading private key file "F:\xxx\yyy\zzz\id_dsa.ppk"
Offered public key
Offer of public key accepted
Sent public key signature
Access granted
Initiating key re-exchange (enabling delayed compression)
Opening session as main channel
Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-256
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA-256 client->server MAC algorithm
Initialised zlib (RFC1950) compression
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA-256 server->client MAC algorithm
Initialised zlib (RFC1950) decompression
Opened main channel
Started a shell/command
SSH: CTS CONNECTED
SSH: Listing Directory
SSH: List complete 49 files.

Is it a public key file that you need a password to unlock, and type each time you connect (so the key file is specified in the FTP address book but the password is left blank)? That's a detail I didn't check as I only used a basic SFTP site with password login.

Yes, I guess it is called a public keyfile on the Linux server and I have a corresponding private keyfile on my local computer. The private keyfile is specified in Address-book, but note that in the address book there is no password (or passphrase) field left blank - there is no such field at all! Can you check that?

FYI: When I use Putty to open a terminal window, I use this private keyfile. If I use Putty together with Puttygen I don't have to enter the password or passphrase again if the Putty connection is lost and I have to restart the Putty session.

Hi Leo! Have you found any solution yet?

Hi again Leo! I was starting to wonder why I didn't get any kind of answer for my last info and question. I guess (at least hope) that the reason was that I had forgotten to link my my Opus Pro account with my Forum account.

So now, can you confirm this SFTP behaviour? I yes, is there any solution yet? If no, is it something you will try to solve soon? Or...?

It's on our list to look into, but we don't have anything yet.

Any news about this?

Not yet. When there is we will update the thread.