Easy why to highlight a given # of files?

is there en easy way to highlight a given # of files?. eg highlight the next 25 files in a lister, working with a lot of files from albums that are not tagged. but that are in the right order for album. know number tracks per album so need a way just to select the # of (files=tracks)

ps some folders have more then one album some have up to ten disks
pps i fixed my spelling hahah sorry about that

I'd normally select the files manually, using the status bar to see the selection count and stop at the right number.

Alternatively, if you turn on the Index column (from the General category), you can type # into the file display (the Find-As-You-Type field will appear in Range mode) and then select ranges by their index numbers. For example, #1-10 would select the first 10 files.

Alternatively, the SelectEx script add-in gives you a command which can select a specified number of files, or every nth file, and so on:

great thank you
i forgot about the status bar Range mode is cool to ,,,, one thing how to make status bar font bigger? (that's why i forgot about the status bar i can't see it hahah I just found the font for the status bar sweet... hopefully my spelling is better this time around :yum: will have a look at the SelectEx in the morning

The Status Bar font can be changed under Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts.

thank you for all the work you do ... I found the Status Bar font
so iam happy now Dopus / Leo does it again :sunglasses:

1 Like