Edit images directly in viewer

Hello

is there way to make simple edits to images directly in viewer ?

i just want to be able to make a colored circle to point errors in jpg images and also add some text

Thank you

Only cropping and rotation currently.

Hi has there been any changes on this topic ?

Thank you

No changes.

Thank you

Is there an way to forward the current open image to an external Editor though? Imagine previewing hundred of images and you want to make a bit more advance edit on the one currently opened.

This works for Paint.NET:

{apppath|PaintDotNet}PaintDotNet.exe {filepath}

Other editors will be very similar.

Hey, thank you! I don't know how this can be used? Is it a command for custom button somewhat or what?

The best thing I invented so far, is to click the "Open the Containing Folder" toolbar button and as the file is selected, I can proceed as usual.

Edit the toolbar (from the viewer, Edit > Customize Toolbars) and drag the exe of the program you want to use to it. Opus will create a button for you, and let you test it with different ways of passing the filename to the program.

2 Likes

Okay, but how to pass the currently viewed file toward the app?

The field with actual command line is greyed out and while there are options to pass files, folders and whatnot, they work only if you have selected a file. The image viewer does not touch selections.

Clicking the new viewer button should be sufficient.

If you do it the way I suggested, you just need to tick the first checkbox in the dialog that appears.

Commands that run in the viewer will treat the file in the viewer as the selected file.

1 Like

Thank you for the elaboration. Apparently the "Test Run" does not actually test then. The program was launching, but without a file. When I accepted and ran the button, it was all fine.

Did you add any files for it to test with?

Never.