Editing the new context menu

I know this has been covered somewhere but I just can't find it.

When I right click on a blank spot of the lister up pops a menu: back, go up, view, sort by, group by, paste, new folder, new, ....

Clicking on new I get a long list of file types. I want to add/remove from that list.

I searched the forum, the faq and the help. I know it is in there somewhere but not sure where.

Thanks

The New menu comes from Windows and is configured via the registry. I'm not sure if there is a UI for editing it anymore (you used to be able to use TweakUI from Microsoft, but that doesn't work with modern versions of Windows; maybe there are 3rd party replacements).

In Opus you can create menu items to create new files of different types, and could also remove the New menu from Opus entirely and replace it by a menu of items you made yourself, for full control over what's in it. I usually add a couple of extra items I want quick access to next to the New menu, and keep the real New menu there for when I need something more unusual.

How to Create New/Empty Files may be of interest.

With free "Shellmenu New" from NirSoft you can enable and disable entries. It also opens regedit to the "new-menu"-location, but I never tested adding own entries.