Editing various text files in the preview

Hi dopus community,

I'm searching for some solution to edit text files just in the preview at directory opus, without open them in a 3rd tool.

Is there any way to do that ? I'm dreaming of having notepad++ (or something similar) as "Lister".
Syntax highlighting would be find, but not a "must have".

I tried the availlable plugins, but that didn't work as it should (btw way, some of the links are boken), especially with batch files.

any suggestion ?

thanks in advance

Jochen

There was a text-editor plugin for Opus but I think it's fairly dead now, sadly. (I've lost the copy of it that I used to have. I guess I stopped keeping it after I moved to 64-bit.)

Someone could write a similar plugin but nobody has so far.

Has anything changed since this thread was started? I'm also looking for a way to edit files in preview window.

There's a new beta/alpha plugin in this thread:

Install instructions near the bottom of page 1, some updated versions on page 2 (so far).

That plugin, as good and almost complete as it is, it does not allow editing - here at least.
Does it for you?

I actually didn't even manage to get it to display files content.
I copied
x64\SciLexer.dll to C:\Windows\system
x64\dosv.dll to C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Viewers
dosv.config.xml to C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\ConfigFiles\Plugins\dosv.config.xml
The plugin does appear in config, it's enabled and configured to show * (also tried with *.txt)
I even tried to restart my windows.

Effect - just text preview if "Text" plugin is enabled
or just text file icon if "Text" is disabled.

I don't know if this is related but "MultiView" plugin reports that "Viewer DLLs could not be located".

My list of viewers looks like this, maybe this is of help to you.