Embedded commands not always working as expected

I had made some notes on some other variations, but I ~lost them?

Here's an example:

This works,

go current new=0,0,800,528 [ set tree=off find loadprev=no ]

but a slight modification does not:

go current new=0,0,800,528,notree [ find loadprev=no ]

The second one works ok for me.

Would help if I said what doesn't work...

In the second example, the find panel is opened in the original lister instead of the ~new lister.

Oddly enough, I also just noticed when doing some back and forth testing that the working command(s) started giving me some inconsistent results. Initially it worked fine, but then started NOT turning the tree off... until a few seconds later. It's now consistently NOT behaving properly. The new lister window appears... the find panel is turned on immediately in the new lister, but the tree stays on - and it takes several seconds for the tree to get turned off - during which time the lister is sort of locked up. I can't see any text when I start typing while the lister is locked up, though it all appears in a ruch once the tree finally disappears... weird.

Try this:

go current new=0,0,800,528,notree [ set source find loadprev=no ]

Yeah, I figured ~some other set command in the middle would smooth it out and this does. I expect you didn't really need to set the source, so much as just running ~something there is straightening it out... It's a harmless enough workaround, but I brought it up in case there's something there you think could/should be tweaked for better predictable behavior; but sticking a set command in there is pretty innocuous and is fine for 'me'.

It's not just some random thing. The Find command will be applied to the source window, and a new window won't be the source if the old window is already the source (and isn't a dual lister; I suspect it worked for Jon without that line because he happened to be trying from a dual lister, which would mean the new window would become the source).