Empty tabs

Sometimes when starting all tabs are turned into Empty Tab. Any ides?

Do they literally say "Empty Tab" on the tabs, or do you mean the folders don't load automatically?

What was in the tabs before?

How are you closing the old window, or program, or computer? How are you opening the new one?

Last time I had it opened there were several tabs to different folders (some were locked) and now all literally said "Empty Tab" on all tabs.
I close using the X as in Close window. I open using a pinned shortcut on the taskbar.
This does not happen every time but once in a while.

Next time it happens, please do a configuration backup using Settings > Backup & Restore as soon as the window opens.

It's important to do the backup before closing any windows or exiting the program.

When doing the backup, please ensure all of the checkboxes are turned on, as below:

Please send the config backup via a private message, or to crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au -- Don't post it in a public reply in case it contains private data.

Thanks for sending the config to us.

I'm not sure if this is the cause, but you have a user-made layout named "Default" which may be confusing things. That means you have two "default" layouts/listers, which may be used at different times depending on what you do.

I recommend doing the following:

• Open your user-made "Default" lister. One way to do this is by right-clicking the Windows desktop and using the layout list there (assuming it hasn't been turned off).

• After loading that, use Settings > Set as Default Lister to save it as the 'real' default lister.

• Then go to Preferences / Layouts and Styles / Layouts and rename the user-made "Default" layout there to something else.

(You may not need to keep it at all, so it could be deleted, but I'd recommend just renaming it and keeping it for now, in case the problem happens again and wipes out the real defaults. That way you can still re-load the saved copy.)

• Check the various pages under Preferences / Launching Opus / ... to make sure you have Opus set to Open the Default Lister.

Make sure they aren't set to Open a saved Lister Layout: <the old name of your user-made 'Default' layout>.

• Check that Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister is set the way you want it to be as well.