Enabling line numbers in text file (a-la notepad++)

In my text viewer I want to enable the display of text line numbers. It would be very nice to also navigate to a particular line number (when the file is large, this is essential).

Note that if I copy a section (by highlighting it and ctrl-C) the copy shoudl NOT include the line numbers.

How can I do this?

gdobin's text viewer plugin can display line numbers judging by the screenshots. I don't know if it has a go-to-line function.

I've linked to the first post about the plugin, but I think there are newer versions of it in later posts from the same thread.

It does not have a goto-line feature, it also won't load larger files. It is still very useful.

It's sad the plugin is unmaintained again. It's near perfection, but still has some things to fix. Leo could you try to reach him?
I did, currently waiting for response. If we could get access to the sources at least..

No response yet from gdobin.

I' also like to encourage other people to contact gdobin and ask for his situation.
This link takes you straight to the email form: memberlist.php?mode=email&u=14007

Leo + Jon, I'd appreciate if you kick in as well, you should have a lot more impact! o)

Don't let the TextViewer plugin decay!
[url]Plugins: New source code editor based on Scintilla for W7 and x64?]

Thanks! o)