Error message code?

hi all have had opus since the amiga days on and off
ok my prob is im trying to copy my mp3s to the xbox when it works not a prob but then i get this message some times (an error occurred copying yar yar yar not enough quota is available to process this command (1816))
im using opus 8.2.2.1 ,P4 3.2 1gig ddr
cheers

Can you paste the log from Tools -> Output Window -> FTP #1?

yer no probs ? ok where is that? i just looked in the opus dir? ?
thanks
cheers

Just go to Tools -> Output Window -> FTP #1 via the default menus and copy the last few relevant lines from there.

lol doh
250 CWD command successful.
257 "/F:/My Music" is current directory.
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,5,8,10)
125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
426 Couldn't open file for writing, error#123
Connection closed

the mp3 im trying to copy is
(Charlie Daniels Band-The Devil Went Down To Goergia.mp3)
(Charlie Drake-My Boomarang Wont Come Back.mp3)
this is just 2 of them the 1s before it was ok and some arfter it was ok? its a pain cos i got about 4000 mp3s to copy over to the xbox and i dont want to do most of it in small groups just to find out the 1s that dont want to copy over?
cheers

I don't have an XBox, so forgive me if this doesn't help. But have you been able to successfully copy other files that have spaces or capital letters in the names? How about the parens? Those are not part of your file name are they?

Turning off PASV mode might be worth a try, although Ken's ideas sound more likely.

You might also want to try different FTP servers on the Xbox as some are much worse than others. I used to use one in one of the dashboards (can't remember its name) and it worked fine in Opus, but I remember people saying that other dashboards/apps with FTP servers didn't work as well.

Error 123 in Windows is ERROR_INVALID_NAME - "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect".

No idea if the ftp server is using the same error codes, but if it is maybe the filenames just aren't being accepted for some reason.

nar they not got the () in them lol
i just tryed the pasv off no change
i have just tryed flashftp and this is what i get it starting to bug me all of my mp3s work ??
cheers

[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,5,8,247)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.0.5 PORT: 2295
[R] STOR Daddy Cool-Daddy's Coolest-At The Rockhouse.mp3
[R] 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
[R] 426 Couldn't open file for writing, error#123
[R] Transfer Failed!
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,5,9,10)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.0.5 PORT: 2314
[R] STOR Daddy Cool-Daddy's Coolest-Good Golly Miss Molly.mp3
[R] 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
[R] 426 Couldn't open file for writing, error#123
[R] Transfer Failed!

Filenames too long perhaps? Or the FTP server doesn't cope properly with the - characters?

It looks like the problem is with the FTP server you're using since it happens whether or not you use Opus as the client. I'd change FTP servers. Some of the Xbox FTP servers are rather poor from what I've heard but they're not all bad.